TGIFriday, 3/25/2011, What's on the menu today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast
Over easy eggs, fried potatoes (sliced potatoes, onion, ground sea salt, ground peppercorn blend and paprika) and toasted bakery seeded rye.

img_982979_0_c75eb07f8007ecbb3e7794994faba7b4.jpg

Whites set and yolks runny.

img_982979_1_6f1d6acc4bf2c684881d643a569a73d5.jpg

Not quite sure what dinner will be.

Any plans?

Took a pretty nasty fall in a store parking lot yesterday, so I'm glad today's meal is already prepared. Except for some minor final details.

We're having pasta shrimp salad on a bed of lettuce, Julia Child's cream of mushroom soup, French bread, iced tea and the last of the lemon cake for dessert.

Took a pretty nasty fall in a store parking lot yesterday, so I'm glad today's meal is already prepared. Except for some minor final details.

We're having pasta shrimp salad on a bed of lettuce, Julia Child's cream of mushroom soup, French bread, iced tea and the last of the lemon cake for dessert.
Sorry to hear about your fall Katie. Feel better soon.

Feel better soon Katie! I did a pretty massive dinner last night (we had company so I did gnocchi with quattro formaggio, grilled pork chops and finger food veggies and fruit) so tonight is going to be simple. I'm going to do some beans, and perhaps some herbed chicken breast with an enormous salad.

Hope you are alright Katie!

Alix - WOW..you went all-out last night.

It is Friday so dinner will be fish / seafood. Haddock for SO and I may splurge and get crab cakes or maybe just some rock fish.

I have some ground beef in the fridge. I'm thinking spaghetti. Have some sesame seed rolls that can easily be made into garlic bread and enough lettuce and salad fixings for the side.

I got some Brussels sprouts that I'm going to saute with onions in butter with garlic, add baking mix to make roux and evaporated milk for sauce. If I make enough sauce, I'll add the cooked chicken thigh meat from yesterday's broth, and some pimentos for a Brussels/Ala King kind of one dish meal.

Dave, I TOTALLY did! Considering I didn't get home til just after 4 and dinner hit the table at 615 you can imagine how fast I was moving! My youngest helped with the gnocchi though. I roll, she cuts and shapes. I forgot to mention the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies that we had for dessert with our tea. Madeleine made those while I was kneading the gnocchi!

I haven't been keeping up with Lent stuff this year. My oldest daughter despises fish with a passion and I'm often too beat to think of a vegetarian entree. Good for you Dave for keeping it up! I think your dinner sounds nummy.

Breakfast
Over easy eggs, fried potatoes (sliced potatoes, onion, ground sea salt, ground peppercorn blend and paprika) and toasted bakery seeded rye.

img_983027_0_c75eb07f8007ecbb3e7794994faba7b4.jpg

Whites set and yolks runny.

img_983027_1_6f1d6acc4bf2c684881d643a569a73d5.jpg

Not quite sure what dinner will be.

Any plans?
yes not to look at your pics, I'm on a diet and I could murder for that.

a little under the weather. so a simple tuna melt with chips is going to be dinner. can't tell if catching a cold. or just feel lousy because blood sugar is up. will see how i feel when it goes down.

I hope you feel better now Katie. :flowers:

Tonight is date night with our friends, so I'm not cooking. Susan won't tell me what she is making. All she will tell me is that it is Italian and it is something she had been wanting to try. :cool:

Get well soon, Katie.
I am thinking of getting the deep fryer out for some fish and chips. Although, I had a pretty fatty and high cholesterol meal last night. My 13 year old daughter has a few friends coming over to get ready before a community dance tonight. I'm looking to give them something quick and easy because they like to eat while, getting ready doing their hair, make up, chatting on Facebook, talking on cell phones, dancing, texting, giggling......:wacko:Talk about multi tasking. They usually take over the house.
I usually hide in the kitchen.

Last edited:
Get well soon, Katie.
I am thinking of getting the deep fryer out for some fish and chips. Although, I had a pretty fatty and high cholesterol meal last night. My 13 year old daughter has a few friends coming over to get ready before a community dance tonight. I'm looking to give them something quick and easy because they like to eat while, getting ready doing their hair, make up, chatting on Facebook, talking on cell phones, dancing, texting, giggling......:wacko:Talk about multi tasking. They usually take over the house.
I usually hide in the kitchen.
Are they going to be eating before or while doing their hair, etc.? If during, they may not want something greasy!

I am going to make some crepes filled with ground lamb, feta, garlic and shallot. Served with a salad of romaine, cukes and tomato on the side. I would have had red onion in the salad but I forgot it and I don't want to go back for it.

I am going to make some crepes filled with ground lamb, feta, garlic and shallot. Served with a salad of romaine, cukes and tomato on the side. I would have had red onion in the salad but I forgot it and I don't want to go back for it.
Well, since there will be cukes and you don't think we are worth the effort to get the onions, James and I will have to respectfully decline our invitation.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: (Enjoy your dinner!)

Back
Top Bottom