TGIFriday 4/22/11, What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I got an early start on the beef steak stew. I used my kitchen shears to cut up the smaller sections around the middle chunk, and kept that back for a small 1" thick steak, I took the steak I taste tested last night, and trimmed and cut up the excess too, so I have two whole steaks left and 2 trimmed ones.

I tossed the cut pieces in flour, but stopped there as I didn't want to set off the smoke alarm and wake up my neighbors before 6am.:LOL:

I've got baby carrots, onion, garlic, chopped celery. I think I'll add some wild rice mix at the end.

What's cooking in your kitchen today, or are you having take out or go out for Friday?

Last edited:
I was thinking of repeating the tacos from the other night. Just to use up the meat. And of course, because I love tacos, lol.

I am still on a soft/liquid food diet so will probably have more of my butternut squash soup. As for DH and Dad, I am not sure yet what I will feed them. The original plan was a nice cross rib roast with roasted veggies and gravy, but Dad's swallowing isn't good, I can't eat it and DH said not to bother just for him so that is for another day.

I am planning a cold plate lunch though with fresh potato salad (which I will mash up for myself), deviled eggs, some wonderful deli meat I picked up yesterday and cucumbers and grape tomatoes!

SO is dropping her car off for service tonight and I'm the chauffeur. As a result, we're having leftovers tonight. More of the flank steak and sesame noodles along with some veggie or other.

I'm going with cod for a change, oven baked with grated potato, a few smashed garlic cloves and a generous amount of good quality extra virgin olive oil. Goes well with blanched broccolis sautéed with also olive oil and finely chopped garlic. Will attach a picture once it's ready. Cheers

I was thinking of repeating the tacos from the other night. Just to use up the meat. And of course, because I love tacos, lol.

I like to use up taco meat in chili. Add a can of tomato sauce, some chili powder and make some rice.

or: Taco rice, taco meat, as is and leftover wild rice blend.

or: Tamale pie with cornbread topping.

and sometimes I just want more tacos.

I like to use up taco meat in chili. Add a can of tomato sauce, some chili powder and make some rice.

or: Taco rice, taco meat, as is and leftover wild rice blend.

or: Tamale pie with cornbread topping.

and sometimes I just want more tacos.

lol, yep. Sometimes just having more tacos is nice.

No fair you two, Now you have me craving tacos and I can't chew them with my sinus/throat infection. Maybe I can find a way to make cream of taco soup! :cool:

Feel better LP!! Cream of taco soup? YIKES!! LOL

DD requested Buttermilk Biscuits

img_992587_0_5dce790cd9b499fbc1ccaf077e92523b.jpg

If all goes well (my wrist is really hurting alot) Dinner tonight will be

Baked stuffed clams
Fried Cod Fillets
Tater tots or steak fries
Broccoli

Last edited:
Karen isn't home yet, but I picked up some bay scallops and heads on shrimp. Maybe Coquille St. Jacques with the scallops or something with the shrimp. Undecided at this point.

Craig

It's cool and rainy here so I'm thinking of making Constance's Potato soup with grilled smoked turkey sandwiches.

No fair you two, Now you have me craving tacos and I can't chew them with my sinus/throat infection. Maybe I can find a way to make cream of taco soup! :cool:

Hmmm...some cheese dip with salsa, heated and thinned with beef broth, top with sour cream. Taco seasoning to sprinkle on top. Soup!:chef: Use tortilla chips crumbled on top.

Now that's a gorgeous pan of biscuits MsM!!

Steve is making shrimp and onion pizza tonight!! It will be so nice to be thrown out of the kitchen, but then I have to face the clean up.....gives me chills thinking about it. :w00t2:

CraigC said:
Karen isn't home yet, but I picked up some bay scallops and heads on shrimp. Maybe Coquille St. Jacques with the scallops or something with the shrimp. Undecided at this point.

Craig

Sigh... Head on shrimp. Not available here. Reminds me of the fabulous BBQ shrimp at Mr. B's in New Orleans. Much butter, Worcester, to die for.

There you go, cod with potato, family style...

Attachments

• image-2616588492.jpg
    image-2616588492.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 201
  • image-238417299.jpg
    image-238417299.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 195
Feel better LP!! Cream of taco soup? YIKES!! LOL

Thanks, Ms M! While the soup doesn't sound that appealing I am sure I would manage to get down one of those beautiful biscuits! They look so light and flaky! And your dinner (other than the clams) sounds great!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom