TGIFriday 6/10 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilled steak, garlic bread and potatoes, plus some pasta from the other night, and french cut green beans...

Those pizzas look fabulous Rock! (also noticed the beer in the background, gotta have beer with pizza!). Your pizza makes me almost ashamed to admit we are having "take and bake" pizza tonight. But we are having a nice green salad with it that DH made. Is your recipe posted?
Thanks, everybody! Yes, Somebunny. Beer goes well with a lot of things around here. I don't have much for recipes, I'm afraid. I have made so much of it over the years I just eyeball things now.(I had a restaurant and pizzeria for 13 years) Basic pizza dough with flour, salt, bit of olive oil, yeast and water. I started this recipe with two cups of warm water and about 1 1/4 tblsp yeast. Then about 1 tblsp oil and then some salt just before adding the flour while mixing until it balls up while kneading and stops sticking to my fingers. It made just a litlle over 3 lbs of dough which got me 2 16 inch pie crusts. The pizza I called Deluxe had pepperoni, mushroom, onion, green pepper, and chopped tomato. Sometimes, I like to mix all of the ingredeints together, cheese and all, in a bowl, then spread the mixture on the pizza dough. 500 degree oven.

Last edited:
I made Mark beef pasta (not homemade :ermm:... from a box, in other words). With what was leftover, I made a salad. To the leftover beef pasta in the pan I added, chopped lettuce, diced tomato/carrots, sliced green pepper/red onion, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, italian seasoning and italian dressing. I tossed all that together in the pan until well mixed. This is what it looked like on the plate. I have to say it was pretty tasty. On the side, a handful of tortilla chips.

img_1010525_0_06234591f4d358294fa1eb033a5a9be4.jpg

img_1010525_1_d955aaef726a6e492a6b31e4279bf2aa.jpg

Those colors are incredible, 'nilla. Reminds me of msm's pics.

Here's my $3.99/lb strip steak dinner. Lots of marbling in this loin, which is why I bought it. And the paleness struck me as odd, but it tasted pretty good and was tender. And for the price, you can't beat it. I got 15 1" steaks out of it and a couple odd sized end pieces that I'll throw on the Q one of these days.

Attachments

• steak dinner 6-10-11.jpg
    steak dinner 6-10-11.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 173
Those colors are incredible, 'nilla. Reminds me of msm's pics.

Here's my $3.99/lb strip steak dinner. Lots of marbling in this loin, which is why I bought it. And the paleness struck me as odd, but it tasted pretty good and was tender. And for the price, you can't beat it. I got 15 1" steaks out of it and a couple odd sized end pieces that I'll throw on the Q one of these days.

What is msm? or who? msmofet? If so, I know what you mean. If I lived with her, I would weigh 500 lbs.

I love your dinner. I bet it was good. It's been ages since I had a good steak dinner!

Last edited:
I made Mark beef pasta (not homemade :ermm:... from a box, in other words). With what was leftover, I made a salad. To the leftover beef pasta in the pan I added, chopped lettuce, diced tomato/carrots, sliced green pepper/red onion, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, italian seasoning and italian dressing. I tossed all that together in the pan until well mixed. This is what it looked like on the plate. I have to say it was pretty tasty. On the side, a handful of tortilla chips.
VB, I have to agree with Pacanis! This looks awesome and I am sure it tasted just as good! Good to see you around!

What is msm? or who? msmofet? If so, I know what you mean. If I lived with her, I would weigh 500 lbs.

I love your dinner. I bet it was good. It's been ages since I had a good steak dinner!

Yes, I meant MsMoffet.
And thanks :)

Sir_Loin_of_Beef said:
Sesame chicken with steamed rice and Asian style vegetables, and I've got this 2010 Crios de Susana Balbo Rosé of Malbec from Mendoza, Argentina I've been dying to try

How do you make your sesame chicken?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom