"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Grilled steak, garlic bread and potatoes, plus some pasta from the other night, and french cut green beans...
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #42
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
It isn't sweltering hot here, but not exactly soup weather. But I saw this on one of our Canadian Food Network shows and thought it was great to use up the last of the chorizo. Turned out it was!

Cream of Lentil Soup with Chorizo Croutes
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #43
Executive Chef
 
Somebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier
It isn't sweltering hot here, but not exactly soup weather. But I saw this on one of our Canadian Food Network shows and thought it was great to use up the last of the chorizo. Turned out it was!

Cream of Lentil Soup with Chorizo Croutes
Sounds good LP. BTW woohoo Canucks!
__________________
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #44
Executive Chef
 
Rocklobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Those pizzas look fabulous Rock! (also noticed the beer in the background, gotta have beer with pizza!). Your pizza makes me almost ashamed to admit we are having "take and bake" pizza tonight. But we are having a nice green salad with it that DH made. Is your recipe posted?
Thanks, everybody! Yes, Somebunny. Beer goes well with a lot of things around here. I don't have much for recipes, I'm afraid. I have made so much of it over the years I just eyeball things now.(I had a restaurant and pizzeria for 13 years) Basic pizza dough with flour, salt, bit of olive oil, yeast and water. I started this recipe with two cups of warm water and about 1 1/4 tblsp yeast. Then about 1 tblsp oil and then some salt just before adding the flour while mixing until it balls up while kneading and stops sticking to my fingers. It made just a litlle over 3 lbs of dough which got me 2 16 inch pie crusts. The pizza I called Deluxe had pepperoni, mushroom, onion, green pepper, and chopped tomato. Sometimes, I like to mix all of the ingredeints together, cheese and all, in a bowl, then spread the mixture on the pizza dough. 500 degree oven.
__________________
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #45
Master Chef
 
Vanilla Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,133
I made Mark beef pasta (not homemade ... from a box, in other words). With what was leftover, I made a salad. To the leftover beef pasta in the pan I added, chopped lettuce, diced tomato/carrots, sliced green pepper/red onion, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, italian seasoning and italian dressing. I tossed all that together in the pan until well mixed. This is what it looked like on the plate. I have to say it was pretty tasty. On the side, a handful of tortilla chips.


__________________
A little kindness goes a long way.
Vanilla Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Those colors are incredible, 'nilla. Reminds me of msm's pics.

Here's my $3.99/lb strip steak dinner. Lots of marbling in this loin, which is why I bought it. And the paleness struck me as odd, but it tasted pretty good and was tender. And for the price, you can't beat it. I got 15 1" steaks out of it and a couple odd sized end pieces that I'll throw on the Q one of these days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steak dinner 6-10-11.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	11152  
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #47
Master Chef
 
Vanilla Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Those colors are incredible, 'nilla. Reminds me of msm's pics.

Here's my $3.99/lb strip steak dinner. Lots of marbling in this loin, which is why I bought it. And the paleness struck me as odd, but it tasted pretty good and was tender. And for the price, you can't beat it. I got 15 1" steaks out of it and a couple odd sized end pieces that I'll throw on the Q one of these days.
What is msm? or who? msmofet? If so, I know what you mean. If I lived with her, I would weigh 500 lbs.

I love your dinner. I bet it was good. It's been ages since I had a good steak dinner!
__________________
A little kindness goes a long way.
Vanilla Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #48
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I made Mark beef pasta (not homemade ... from a box, in other words). With what was leftover, I made a salad. To the leftover beef pasta in the pan I added, chopped lettuce, diced tomato/carrots, sliced green pepper/red onion, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, italian seasoning and italian dressing. I tossed all that together in the pan until well mixed. This is what it looked like on the plate. I have to say it was pretty tasty. On the side, a handful of tortilla chips.
VB, I have to agree with Pacanis! This looks awesome and I am sure it tasted just as good! Good to see you around!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
What is msm? or who? msmofet? If so, I know what you mean. If I lived with her, I would weigh 500 lbs.

I love your dinner. I bet it was good. It's been ages since I had a good steak dinner!
Yes, I meant MsMoffet.
And thanks
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #50
Senior Cook
 
Jessica_Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fayetteville, Georgia
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef
Sesame chicken with steamed rice and Asian style vegetables, and I've got this 2010 Crios de Susana Balbo Rosť of Malbec from Mendoza, Argentina I've been dying to try
How do you make your sesame chicken?
__________________

__________________
Jessica_Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cooking

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.