TGIFriday 7/29/11 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! You're getting an early start 'Nilla. We will be traveling during dinner, so we will probably have Subway or maybe I will make sandwiches to take with us. Haven't decided yet ;-)

Wow! You're getting an early start 'Nilla. We will be traveling during dinner, so we will probably have Subway or maybe I will make sandwiches to take with us. Haven't decided yet ;-)
It's never too early to talk dinner..:LOL:

Subway is great...I love their Cold-cut Trio and Vegie Delight sandwiches!

Last edited:
It's nefer too early to talk dinner..:LOL:
!

that's my kind of thinking, v-bean. :)

i have to work until 3pm and then be back in at 11p, so i'm not sure if i'll be awake enough to grill or bake the pork chops i'd planned.

i sauteed some kale from the garden yesterday with sweet onions and a load of garlic, which was delicious, so if i cook today, i'll fry up the other bag we picked.

dw is going to bring some of my kale today to her oft visited asian organic cafe and health food store to have some of it juiced, some cooked as the chef (the owner's wife named "mama") chooses, and some more as a gift.

i've got a dozen huge kale plants that are ready to bolt, so they might as well be eaten.

i wonder how kale juice will taste? :huh:

Cooking something called Evil Chicken over rice from Mandy's Recipe Box. It's suppose to have a lot of flavor, hopefully we like it. If not guess well have leftovers from last night.

I'm thinking chicken pattie sandwiches. I have half a package of hamburger buns that need to be used. Salads for the side.

I was looking through my recipes this morning and pulled one out that I haven't made in a while, Chicken with roasted poblanos and salsa verde. It would mean a trip into the city for the tomatillos, so that means I could also pick up the filet and chicken livers for that recipe Snip posted (I already picked up the brandy). So tonight's dinner will probably be one of those two recipes.

Good morning ... Dinner tonight will be chicken and rice. Chicken thighs cut into chunks, sauteed in EVOO, lots of garlic, onions, oregano, then some diced tomatoes and white wine. When everything is nicely cooked and reduced, I'll add the rice, chicken broth and simmer until cooked. Easy dinner for a hot Friday night.

Enjoy the day!

I've made Macaroni Salad and I'll make some fishcakes to go with it since everyone in my house will be eating at different times tonight it was the easiest option. Plus since pay day has not yet arrived and we are a bit on the broke side thanks to Flat screen tv no 3 that my husband has decided we need. We don't have many choices left in the freezer till Monday lol!

I'm trying a new recipe for onions, ground sausage, Ritz crackers and cheese.

I layered the crushed crackers on the bottom of a 6X7 casserole, cooked the onions with the ground sausage in a little water, drained and added a can of cream of chicken soup. Poured into the casserole dish and topped with a layer of grated Colby/Jack cheese. It's baking @ 350° until the cheese starts to brown a little.

That aught to keep it cooler in here today. I can nuke a serving for lunch and again for dinner and I'll have two more servings to freeze.

Last edited:
I was looking through my recipes this morning and pulled one out that I haven't made in a while, Chicken with roasted poblanos and salsa verde. It would mean a trip into the city for the tomatillos, so that means I could also pick up the filet and chicken livers for that recipe Snip posted (I already picked up the brandy). So tonight's dinner will probably be one of those two recipes.

Be brave and go for the liver recipe! If you try it and don't like it you can drink more Brandy till it tastes good :LOL:

Be brave and go for the liver recipe! If you try it and don't like it you can drink more Brandy till it tastes good :LOL:

Oh it's getting made. The only thing that needs decided is the day, tonight or this weekend.

What's On The 225 Menu

Today Win Dixie has buy one get one free lobsters! I am gonna cut the tail off, split it, season with salt, pepper, and butter sauce and let my husband grill them.:chef: I'm getting ready to boil some shrimp, potatoes, and corn to go with it. I think this bottle of red moscato will wash it down nicely. I think my mother in law is making potato salad so maybe a little of that too.

What can I say because I could go on, I am such a FOODIE!:ROFLMAO:

I love split and grilled lobster tail. I came upon a method that finishes them inside by basting them until done.

I've made Macaroni Salad and I'll make some fishcakes to go with it since everyone in my house will be eating at different times tonight it was the easiest option. Plus since pay day has not yet arrived and we are a bit on the broke side thanks to Flat screen tv no 3 that my husband has decided we need. We don't have many choices left in the freezer till Monday lol!
Didn't you know that is a necessity? You can't live without it. Your dinner sounds good. I was over reading about fish tacos... I have to make them soon. I have all the stuff for it.

I'm trying a new recipe for onions, ground sausage, Ritz crackers and cheese.

I layered the crushed crackers on the bottom of a 6X7 casserole, cooked the onions with the ground sausage in a little water, drained and added a can of cream of chicken soup. Poured into the casserole dish and topped with a layer of grated Colby/Jack cheese. It's baking @ 350° until the cheese starts to brown a little.

That aught to keep it cooler in here today. I can nuke a serving for lunch and again for dinner and I'll have two more servings to freeze.
Sounds interesting. Anything with sausage is good! Let us know how it tastes!

Didn't you know that is a necessity? You can't live without it. Your dinner sounds good. I was over reading about fish tacos... I have to make them soon. I have all the stuff for it.

:LOL: Yeah maybe one Flat Screen but we seem to be collecting them and they get bigger and bigger each time!
The Mac Salad actually turned out really nice. Just added some fresh corn, peas and carrots. A mix of mayo, chutney and chilli onion relish. Celery salt and cracked black. Didn't think it would taste as good as it does :LOL:
Got the garlic and herb fish cakes in the oven now.
Loved the look of the of your last few dinners, wouldn't mind one of those wraps you made!

Today Win Dixie has buy one get one free lobsters! I am gonna cut the tail off, split it, season with salt, pepper, and butter sauce and let my husband grill them.:chef: I'm getting ready to boil some shrimp, potatoes, and corn to go with it. I think this bottle of red moscato will wash it down nicely. I think my mother in law is making potato salad so maybe a little of that too.

What can I say because I could go on, I am such a FOODIE!:ROFLMAO:

you are among a flock of foodies, 80. it's ok to go on. :)
welcome, btw.

2 fer 1 lobsters is a great deal. well, so long as they're aroung $6 a pound or less. are they maine/cold water lobsters? or are they gulf or caribbean lobsters.

what do you do with the claws and leglets?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom