TGIFriday, December 9 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet and sour pork and jasmine rice topped with green onions, sesame seeds and hot chili sesame oil.

img_1081851_0_b9481a04268e932f0fc6ccc4f4a073b2.jpg

Babetoo- do I have you hooked on Pork Chops and Baked Sweet Potatoes?

I have the last of the forbidden Chicken Wings thawing. I am not sure if I will BBQ or just fry in canola oil. Sides are up in the air. I could have a baked Sweet Potato, Buttered Mashed Turnips or doctor up the excess egg noodles left from making my Turkey Noodle Soup. I have a array of frozen and salt free canned veggies to choose from also.View attachment 12582

I ended up making Chicken Fried Chicken Wings, Mashed Turnips and Marinated Green Beans.
View attachment 12584

Last edited:
I tried something new. It's a Greek dish called Stifadho. Beef, onions, tomatoes, rosemary, bay leaves, wine, salt and pepper. I served it with mashed potatoes, as suggested.

It was okay, but not as good as one might have hoped. I'll see if I can find a better looking recipe.

I made pork chops with a Caribbean style rub and acorn squash. Delicious!

i grilled some bone-in strip steaks and chicken breasts, dw made steamed stringbeans, and my boy made mashed potatoes (after dw boiled them, of course :chef:).

everything was good but i overcooked the steaks to medium/medium well.

i'm not used to cooking fairly thin steaks on the grill in the dark. 2 minutes per side on the searing burner would have been enough.

it's just about the same thing, tax. i think rib steaks are supposed to be a little more tender.

I cooked up a spicy sprout stir fry. Sprouts, red chilli, garlic, ginger, bean sprouts, and some soy sauce. Mum and her hubby had it with some egg noodles, I just had a big bowl. Delish.

My Mum was a bit down in the dumps so I made her favorite sour cream and sultana cheese cake yesterday, like a lot of thing it eats better after 24hrs in the fridge so we will take her a piece today.
garden & BBQ 517.jpg

garden & BBQ 518.jpg

garden & BBQ 519.jpg

Back
Top Bottom