TGIFriday, December 9 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
It's another overcast day so I'm making a big pot of 15 bean soup. I found to my horror that I had NO smoked meat bones to add, so I went hunting in the freezer and found Andouille and a bit of chorizo, plus some ground sausage so it will be plenty meaty.

What's cooking (or not) for you today?

SO is working even later tonight so she'll grab something there. I'll make myself another Cuban sandwich tonight as I still have plenty of fixins' leftover from yesterday.

I made the Cubans last night with ciabatta sandwich rolls I picked up at the supermarket bakery. They worked out great. Nice and crusty after the panini press.

Must be soup night. I made a pot of potato/bacon/chicken corn chowder last night and its in the fridge for everyone's dinner tonight. Everyone is running in a different direction tonight. Bugs and I will be working, Madeleine is off to a party/sleepover, and Ken will be all by himself.

Leftovers here. I have a concert at 8:00pm tonight which means I need to leave home around 5:30pm to get there and rehearse. There's mac-n-cheese, taco meat and shells, cold cuts for sandwiches and ham and beans with corn bread. Almost forgot there's pizza too.

The dinner plans for tonight include baked orange roughy, fried green tomatoes, corn-on-the-cob (frozen from this season's garden), iced tea and an annual holiday indulgence(?), Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes.

Hmmmm. Not really sure yet. I will be pretty busy until about 9 o'clock. May have something small and quick like a grilled Mozzerella with Calabrese sausage sandwhich. Cold beer of course. After all, its Friday night and I don't have to play ....:cool:

thawing a pork loin chop, baked sweet potato , a veggie pack that has asparagus in it, forget what else is in there. so proud of myself, not snacking or dessert after dinner.

Babetoo- do I have you hooked on Pork Chops and Baked Sweet Potatoes?

I have the last of the forbidden Chicken Wings thawing. I am not sure if I will BBQ or just fry in canola oil. Sides are up in the air. I could have a baked Sweet Potato, Buttered Mashed Turnips or doctor up the excess egg noodles left from making my Turkey Noodle Soup. I have a array of frozen and salt free canned veggies to choose from also.View attachment 12582

Last edited:
DDs "just friends" boyfriend is dining with us today, so I will put them to work with me in the kitchen.

Lemon parm panko crusted chicken
Pan cooked new potatoes {from that steak thread}
Snow Peas.

DDs "just friends" boyfriend is dining with us today, so I will put them to work with me in the kitchen.

Lemon parm panko crusted chicken
Pan cooked new potatoes {from that steak thread}
Snow Peas.

Sounds like a good dinner and a lot of fun! Have a good time.

Leftover grilled wings from the other night. I'll probably find some other stuff to munch on, too.

Not a clue. Lunch with coworkers at the local Thai restaurant filled me up, but DH wants to go out again tonight.

It was a good thing I checked the package directions for the 15 bean soup before throwing it (the plastic package) out. I had forgotten the can of diced stewed tomatoes. It tasted great before adding, but I want to let it sit in the fridge overnight for maximum flavor tomorrow.

I had a slice of Rye bread with pimento cheese on it for dinner instead.

Found a package of frozen ground turkey lurking in the depths of my freezer last night, so I made some meatloaf. Also some mashed potatoes and roasted cabbage to go along with it. It's all in the oven now and smelling dang good, even if it's not very exciting.

Crappy day overall especially at work, so needed some comfort foods. I made a whole roasted chicken with pan gravy, roasted baby carrots, and Yukon gold mashed potato.

I have foil wrapped ribs in the oven, low and slow. I'll unwrap them soon and slather on some sauce, and cook some more. Steamed broccoli, and some garlic toast made with MsM's garlic butter from the freezer log I made will round it all out.

Hey, I think I'll use a coin of that garlic butter on the broccoli servings too! :yum:

Back
Top Bottom