Thank G*D It's Dinner - Friday 10/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'll have leftover roast beef as hot beef sandwiches (they were so good a week or two ago :yum: ) with frozen peas and canned corn. I'm about to start making salads, too, so we'll see how fussy I get with them.

DD stayed later at work so we ordered Chinese delivery.

I LOVE Andy's apple squares, have made them several times.

I wasn't into cooking, so this afternoon's dinner was a take out carne asada burrito from my fave little family run Mexican restaurant. I could only eat half, so the rest will be for mid morning.

Care to share the Vietnamese restaurant's name, larry? And if you're still in Cleveland, you might want to venture out to Asiatown around 30th and Superior. We ate at LJ Shanghai once and enjoyed it very much. I suppose that the pork filled soup dumplings wouldn't be up your alley, but they do have vegetarian selections. It's a fun neighborhood to wander in, too.

Still in Cleveland, Seminar continues today then back home I go. This was primarily business, ( and my wife just had surgery 1 1/2 weeks ago), so we kinda held back from our normally jam packed schedule on this trip. Still managed to do th4 Rock Hall again ( can't come for Cleveland without seeing that), hit the Motown Museum in Detroit ( also couldn't miss that, too close not to). and spent what little free time we had left to see Celine Dione last night. Wanted to take advantage of some of the Ford stuff in Detroit and a few other things here in Cleveland, but had to put business ( and my wife health) before pleasure. Which also limited out restaurant selection, had to go with whatever was close enough to the hotel. Name of the place is " Phở Thắng Café " . 2 blocks from the hotel and had a decent vegetarian selection. Both nights we took in for convenience ( actually my wife wasn't hungry the first night, as we had a late Lunch in Detroit ( Seva of Detroit). Had the pleasure of trying an African Peanut Soup for the first time, and I was pleasantly surprised ( my wife wasn't , she hate it). It was kinda like the first time I tried Moroccan food and had cinnamon in a savory dish. My mouth said yum but my mind took awhile to grasp something I usually have in a sweet way, now savory. Cant wait to try and make the peanut soup when I get home.

At the Vietnamese place, I ordered the wrong thing by accident. Everything vegetarian had a letter/ number next to the actual Vietnamese name ( V 1, V 2 ...). I cant even blame the spelling or pronunciation on my error, since I ordered it by using the letter/ number shorthand. I just said V 6 instead of V 13 . Luckily was vegetarian, and it was like the biggest cup of soup I ever had. Again, we got it take out, so I didn't realize the mistake until I couldn't find a Bahn Mi Sandwich, but I did find a huge 'cup of soup'. Came with a quart + sized container with what looked like Rice noodles that filled the cup half way, and veggies on top of them. Then there was a second quart container of a veggie broth . Im sure was served that way so the noodles wouldn't get overcooks. I didn't even realize there were noodles under the veggies until I did some exploring to try and figure out what I ordered ( and make sure there was no meat in it). It. was a cold windy day that day, so perfect for a nice big bowl of soup, so I wasn't disappointed. The spring roll and summer rolls were very good too. Had a pretty large dining area. Wouldn't say it was a fancy restaurant, but a lot bigger and nicer than a hole in the wall kinda place. Portions were large, orders were quickly prepared, and extremely convenient to our location.

I would have loved to hit Asia town and the East End Market. There's always next time :) Actually, depending on who is inducted to the Rock Hall of Fame next year, May be back to go to the Induction Ceremony .

And yeah, like any other city, dont want to wind up in the wrong place ;)
Although, I must say, this is the 4th time ive been to Cleveland in the past 10 years and I see a significant improvement from what I originally remembered .

Last edited:
We notice the changes, too, each year. I keep kidding with Himself, saying that Cleveland got cool after we moved out of the area. I hope there isn't a correlation. [emoji38]

Back
Top Bottom