Thanksgiving Day Eve Dinner - 11/23/2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your chicken dish sounds good, tenspeed. I might give it a try since it has so many of our favorite flavors.

Our supper tonight was sooooo non-Thanksgiving. I was gone for most of the core part of the day doing non-holiday errands and pressed the crock-pot into service.

Made something called Cowboy Casserole, which turned out to be pretty darned good. It seemed especially good because today was a chilly and rainy day. It was a meal all on its own and all I added were some hot homemade rolls with butter.

Himself asked if I wanted to go out to dinner...as I was elbow-deep in dusting! :LOL: That's OK, we can go out for a late anniversary dinner...on our way to OH to spend Christmas with the kids.

I pulled the tub of Mexican-style stuffed peppers from the freezer, and served them with fluffy mashed potatoes, fresh, steamed broccoli, and canned corn. Sure was good - and easy.

Attachments

• 2016-11-23 21.01.03.jpg
    2016-11-23 21.01.03.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 150
Everything is done for tomorrows dinner. All I need to do is roast the turkey, make the gravy and heat everything else up.

We had Sabret franks in blankets and pepperoni pizza rolls.

A few years ago, we started a new tradition of having a sushi dinner for Thanksgiving Eve. A local seafood restaurant that doesn't normally serve sushi was advertising it for last night so we decided to try it. It was really good. I hope they do it more often.

We also shared an order of oysters Rockefeller.

Attachments

• 1479990523786.jpg
    1479990523786.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 1479990537150.jpg
    1479990537150.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 1479990550791.jpg
    1479990550791.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 147
A use up the leftovers dinner. Some leftover italian sausage tomato sauce and ricotta/moz/parm cheese mixture from a previous batch of lasagne stirred together with some penne, a bit more moz and baked.

Delicious roast chicken with roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, fried onion. Sweet pie with apples and a nice, nice wine.

A few years ago, we started a new tradition of having a sushi dinner for Thanksgiving Eve. A local seafood restaurant that doesn't normally serve sushi was advertising it for last night so we decided to try it. It was really good. I hope they do it more often.

We also shared an order of oysters Rockefeller.

Looks great to me!

I stopped off on the way into work last night in my old town for take out for dinner. It's a weird little place that does Chinese, Mexican, and Italian take out.

I got steak enchiladas and a seaweed eggdrop soup.

And then about 5 AM is started yakking my guts out. I mean, violently. Nothing smelled or tasted bad in the food, but my body didn't like something so it said no way, and put it in reverse.

That's the last time I ever go to that place again. They recently changed owners, and while it used to be great Chinese food, now they suck.

Back
Top Bottom