Thanksgiving morning breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for reminding me - champagne can only care one so far into the day :oops:

mmmm...... I'll have to think about this

Breakfast on THanksgiving?
hmmmm....what a novel idea!

Well, being the cook, I'll be munching on:
oranges (from the shells used for yams)
carrots (before they hit the dill cream sauce)
sausage (after cooking, but before it gets into the corn dish)
almonds (that should be on top of the green beans)
rolls & butter (nobody needs to know I sneak)
bleu cheese/pecan dip w/toasts (before I set them out)
..........and lots of coffee!

Bang, that's a great idea. It is easier on you and everyone gets out of the house for a bit.

That being said, I didn't think that far, so instead am making Baked French Toast with Berries. Crewsk, this would be a good one for your family in the AM--it's not much work for the cook!

5 c frozen berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc)
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp cinnamon
Cooking spray
1 c fat free milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 lg egg whites, lightly beaten
1 lg egg, lightly beaten
1 (8 oz) loaf French bread, cut into 1" slices
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350

Combine 1st berries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a 13x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.

Combine milk, vanilla, egg whites, and egg in a large, shallow baking dish, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, turning to coat. let stand 5 minutes, turning bread occasionally. Arrange bread in a single layer over berries. Sprinkle evenly with 1 Tbsp granulated sugar. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Serves 6

Thanks for thinking of me PA & that recipe looks great! I can't wait to try it! As far as breakfast for Thanksgiving goes, since we aren't having our meal until Saturday, I don't know.

I'll just have yogurt and probably make french toast and sausage for the kid. DH and I will wait to really eat until my sister gets here around noon and then we munch on appetizers while we finish cooking.

I finished the puff pastry yesterday and now have the Tourte Milanese in the fridge waiting for the wee hours of the morning to bake. Coming this evening will be applesauce and blueberry muffins. I'll serve those -- away from the kitchen -- with a tray of grapes, variety of sliced apples, pears, oranges and mangos and freshly made POG and coffee.

Breakfast? On Thanksgiving Day? It will probably consist of tea and the first dose of antacid. :LOL:

My daughter and I are going out but not certain where, and we will be doing a mommy=daughter day as the TG celebration will not be until Saturday when everyone can get together. She rented F-9/11 and another movie to watch. I want to go to a place here in Eugene called Glennwood where they make eggs benedict with smoked salmon rather than Canadian bacon which is a nice change. Then they serve a whole plate of chuncky crunchy potatoes that are to dye for, seasoned with green onions, bacon bits, and garlic. Weather willing we will go for a walk along the train on the Willamette in the morning before breakfast. Happy day with the kid, love it.

Have a wonderful day with you daughter. Your morning sounds heavenly.

Michael in FtW said:
Buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy .... and plenty of black coffee

I do not mention coffee but my morning is not complete unless I have at least two or more cups of Starbucks before I face the day. You do not want to bother me in the morning until I have had coffee. You gave me an idea for the leftover biscuits.

norgeskog, you must have a Starbucks next door. I must have a cafe mocha, extra hot, at least two times a week. We have to drive to go to my Starbucks. LOVE the lemon, poppy, bunt cake.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom