The 8/14/13 Non-Themed Dinner Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm going to grill some corn on the cob and some pork chops for dinner tonight. Maybe home fries on the side.
And you?

Spaghetti with homemade sauce pulled from freezer. Romaine salad to use up the last of the fresh mozz. Size of the glass of wine is dependent on how the outcome of this afternoon's baseball game goes...:cool:

Well, I guess the theme is not grilling ;) I'm going out with friends tonight. I will probably get a couple of 50-cent tacos. I' m having a late snacky lunch so won't be hungry for more.

Not sure just yet. Part of me wants breakfast for dinner and part of me wants salads for dinner. Guess I'll let DH decide which he wants when he gets home.

DH elected salads. Got the eggs cooling, the lettuce chopped, the cheese shredded, the tomatoes washed, the bacon crumbles ready, the croutons out, the blue cheese crumbles available. Only things left to do are dice the tomatoes and eggs and cook the chicken (precooked only needs heated).

I'm buying a rack of ribs or two soon (on sale for a week starting tomorrow), so my dinner in the near future is going to be ribs, too. I almost bought a rack at the butcher's today, but he didn't have a price next to them so I passed.

That said, I just had a plate of leftover rice with butter and sautéed mushrooms and a couple stuffed mushrooms. I hadn't eaten anything all day except for that brownie and I couldn't wait anymore, so I ate tomorrows lunch as an appetizer :pig:
I'm still going to grill the corn and pork chops and if I don't have any tonight they will be tomorrows lunch.

I got ambitious after work tonight and made chicken pot pie. OK, I didn't make the crust from scratch. It was frozen puff pastry, but it turned out pretty good.

Never ate. Just one cold beer. The freezer went out at work tonight. I had to stay late and find room in a few other freezers for all of the stock. Then, realized the freezer was empty, which never happens, so decided it was a good time to clean it......maybe one more beer.....:yum:

Where'd today's dinner theme go? Huh. :LOL:

We had another veritable plethora of fresh green beans. That, with more turkey. Sigh. Will it never end?

Last edited:
I see! The theme for today is no theme. Very clever.

I didn't not have roasted BBQ baby back ribs (in my new convection oven) and didn't not have twice baked potato with that.:rolleyes:

Might have experimented with a few different varieties of Chianti. Might have enjoyed it (both ribs and wine), might wish later I had ate less.

Just one comment: convection ovens!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom