The autumn soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

len_p

Assistant Cook
The autumn soup

It has been cold today, it rained and it was very windy. I've listened to the drums concert with a bit of extra cold in the heart so I've decided to heat a bit up with some soup as I only had some very little bean paste in the fridge. A soup with autumn ingredients good for a cold, windy day.

Ingredients

In order of how hard they get soft (thus requiring more time to boil)
  • 3 carrots
  • 3 potatoes, 2 tbs of rice
  • 1 onion, 2 tomatoes
  • 2 eggs
  • some lovage leaves for the final aroma
Preparation
  • cut the potatoes, tomatoes, carrots in small pieces and the onion in 4 or 8 pieces
  • mix a bit the eggs to add some air
  • cut the lovage
  • start with the carrots which get soft the hardest and 2-3 litters of water and wait for the water to boil
  • now add the potatoes and rice as the second stage as they get soft more easy than the carrots
  • add the onion and tomatoes
  • near the end add the eggs and mix
  • after the end add the cut leaves of lovage

For me lovage and parsley are the most common herbs you can find everywhere in the market for most of the year. Lovage has a nice flavor at it's added at the end because it looses the aroma if boiled. Parsley is stronger. Sometimes I also use summer savory (Satureia hortensis) for cooked meat as this herb is also very common. Less common are the basil which I grow myself.
busuioc.jpg

During the spring there are also a lot of herbs (more weeds I would call them) such as mountain spinach, pigweed.

I would love to know more but I'm just learning.

Back
Top Bottom