The Daily Dinner Thread - April 6th, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm defrosting some chicken wings for dinner tonight. Our favorite way is Buffalo wings. I'll make a salad to make the meal 'healthier'.

I have a couple of thick bone-in pork chops in the slow cooker, along with red bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and tomato sauce. Brown rice is in the Zoji, and I'll be steaming some green beans.

Planned dinner around a leftover (potato salad) and a lump of cabbage that magically turned into coleslaw. While running errands, I did a quick stop for some fried fish. Ended up with cod, plus a bit of little bay scallops. Himself called them "tater tots of the sea" after I referred to them as "hush fishies". We're still "discussing" which one sounds better. :LOL:

CG :LOL:
I LOVE "Tater Tots of the Sea"!! Very cute - so is "Hush Fishies", though!

I'm fixin' to have the rest of that big ol' pork sirloin chop from yesterday that I couldn't finish. I'm feeling kitchen lazy so will probably also just nibble on some sliced cucumber, radishes, and pickles. The coolness factor of the cold veggie sides is appealing on this hot (89F) afternoon. :)

Errand day here too!

A piece of fried haddock from the deli, a side of leftover broccoli and a dish of mixed berries from Trader Joe's frozen food case.

I made Sloppy Joes and salad for dinner tonight. I like to load up the meat mixture with veggies. Lots of onions and bell peppers in there, along with some grated carrot from a piece left from another meal.

Attachments

• 1459988300045.jpg
    1459988300045.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 223
I made fish tacos with avocado, shredded lettuce, lime, cilantro, and bang bang sauce.
Lots of cilantro.

It's in the weekly rotation here, with variations.

Last edited:
DH had his 35th year celebration lunch at work. He got shrimp, chicken breast, broccoli salad, other stuff, so he was totally not hungry.

I just finished up the leftover potstickers from last night. Worked for me!

It was a breakfast-for-dinner night here. I had a lot of this and that in the fridge, so I made a frittata with mushrooms, spinach, roasted red peppers, olives, onion, and goat cheese.

Back
Top Bottom