The Day After. Dinner Nov 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
39817-albums888-picture5751.jpg

That sure looks tasty.

Well, it is sort of an herb. :LOL:
You have reminded me of a story that may or may not be true.

The Montreal police knocked on the door. An Italian grandmother opened the door. They asked her if it was her house. Yes, it was. Why was she growing marijuana in her front yard? What!? So, the police pointed at the pot plants, next to the zucchini and tomatoes - that.

"That a no marijuana, that my special herb for tomato sauce. I grow it since I live in Italy. Everyone loves my pasta sauce. They always want 2-3 helpings."

:LOL: I'm not surprised everyone wanted more. Munchies anyone?

DH finished off the ravioli Brussels sprouts that we cut in shreds fried in butter. and I partook of the dressing, and some leftover pilaf. Ahhhhh life is good. Apple pie pockets anyone?
kades

No energy today, so we'll eat the leftovers we brought home from SIL's yesterday. Himself and I finished our little pieces of pie for breakfast, and dinner will consist of some pork chops, green beans, and a nuked potato for Himself. I also need to have some of the asparagus I bought for the prosciutto roll-ups I was going to make... oops! And need to figure out something creative to do with those dozen slices of prosciutto.

Tomorrow will be turkey and stuffing. :)

Chop them up and mix in with a large serving of scrambled eggs for everyone. Serve with toasted points, juice and a large mug of coffee. A Diner breakfast for everyone and no expense. Very little labor. :angel:

I came home with a very large take-out platter. Except for the stuffing, I will be picking at that. The kids made a walnut, apple type stuffing. I prefer just a bread stuffing with sage and melted butter. But I didn't say anything. (I do know when to keep my mouth shut.) :angel:

Chop them up and mix in with a large serving of scrambled eggs for everyone. Serve with toasted points, juice and a large mug of coffee. A Diner breakfast for everyone and no expense. Very little labor. :angel:

We call that Ciambotta, Giambotta, Jambot, Jumbot etc...

The Italian slang for a real mess. In different areas the dish means different things, some places it is a vegetable stew similar to rat-a-tat-ouille in other areas it's similar to a fritatta. In my area it's sort of a cross between scrambled eggs and an omelet. Everyone claims the local all late night diner they frequent makes the best one, it's all good when you've had a few too many! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

A great way to clean out the refrigerator!

When the kids were small, a bowl of cereal and a piece of fruit to eat on the way to school.

On Sunday, was family breakfast. Bake a pound of bacon in the oven, scramble up a dozen of eggs, crumble the bacon, mix into eggs, and put the bowl on the table. A pile of toast slathered with butter. (Thanks to four slice toasters.) Enough for everyone. In the summer, a tall glass of milk. In the winter, a large pot of hot cocoa to be served with a ladle. Never any leftovers.

When my grandkids were small, my daughter used to have a like breakfast ready for the four of them when they got back from church. Childhood memories carried onto the next generation. Now my grandson who cooked Thursday's dinner, wants the same with his girlfriend.

I just love it when food memories are carried on from one generation to the next. Like finding your grandmother's handwritten recipes. :angel:

I'm guessing you're suggesting this for the prosciutto since breaded pork chops in scrambled eggs sounds...ick. I actually rolled up a half-dozen asparagus spears into an equal number of prosciutto slices and baked them for 10 minutes. Very yummy. Have just a couple slices left; might do this for breakfast tomorrow:
images

Oh lordy. We came back home with way more food than what we brought. BIL who used to work for Butterball now works for Armor, and gifted us with some turkey breast shaped things that are labeled as experimental, and not to be sold to the general public.

I'm thinking our neighbors, who are still recovering from a bad motorcycle accident, may be eating well.

I'm guessing you're suggesting this for the prosciutto since breaded pork chops in scrambled eggs sounds...ick. I actually rolled up a half-dozen asparagus spears into an equal number of prosciutto slices and baked them for 10 minutes. Very yummy. Have just a couple slices left; might do this for breakfast tomorrow:
images

Yes. She never got around to doing the asparagus spears and needed to find another use for the prosciutto. You can add some finely diced onions and peppers to the eggs. Protein and a veggies to start the day out with. Some
Sundays when I was feeling really ambitious I would do this along with the bacon.

Breaded pork chops for breakfast? Big YUK! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom