The Day After. Dinner Nov 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got some mashed potatoes and gravy left over I'll reheat for dinner. And a grilled BBQ pork steak to go along.

Start the poll.
How many are serving Part II from yesterday's feast or some variation? ;)

I am I am. No leftover stuffing ( for me) and can you believe, we ate two bowls cranberries and only 2/3 of a bowl of brussel sprouts. Turkey, gravy, mashed taters and Brussels sprouts. I ate the piece of pumpkin pie I brought home for breakfast.

I used to love cold stuffing the day after.
Love your breakfast, Whiska.

I took the stuffing to work (and to school when I was younger) in a small plastic container with a fork :yum:

I'm using the leftover mashed potatoes for potato patties at breakfast.

Dinner will be a casserole of gravy and turkey topped with leftover stuffing. A side of leftover cabbage salad and some cranberry sauce will fill the rest of the plate.

One word of advice, never buy a small pie! :(

The remaining turkey has been portioned and frozen, the carcass has been cooked and the bones are waiting for a trip to the dumpster in the basement, Thanksgiving 2013 is fading fast! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Since SO's son and DIL are here for the holiday, she is taking us all out to dinner tonight for Chinese food. Saturday night is for relatives to drop by and visit with our guests.

I'm looking forward to a turkey sandwich for lunch today. I think it will be Sunday night for leftover turkey dinner.

If I had done the turkey routine, today would have been a turkey strata with layers of the leftovers. Dang it!

My next door neighbor did the massive cooking yesterday, no turkey bur a tasty ham. She's still got company today, My plateful yesterday was so big, I had two meals.

Yay, MY kitchen is clean. Tuesday is payday and shopping. I made sure I had cleaned up the meals in the freezer. Lots of good food still on hand, but plenty of room for groceries. Shopping day should be loads of fun getting new goodies to cook.

We're heading out to dinner with the kids. It's our new daughter-in-law's birthday today so her parents and we are taking to her out. It's a good thing since there were little leftovers! I got the turkey carcass and the little bits of turkey left. Not enough for a meal but will go well in Brunswick stew. I hope to get that made soon after making the stock with the carcass.

No energy today, so we'll eat the leftovers we brought home from SIL's yesterday. Himself and I finished our little pieces of pie for breakfast, and dinner will consist of some pork chops, green beans, and a nuked potato for Himself. I also need to have some of the asparagus I bought for the prosciutto roll-ups I was going to make... oops! And need to figure out something creative to do with those dozen slices of prosciutto.

Tomorrow will be turkey and stuffing. :)

The pork steak is on the grill, seared and now simmering. I didn't eat much of a lunch today and am getting HUNGRAYYY!

We did our big t-day meal today instead of yesterday. Roasted turkey, mashed rutabega, baked sweet potato, dressing, mashed potatoes, and gravey. Sparkling cranberry cocktail (non-alcoholic) to drink.

Tonight I'm doing a crawfish boil w/ corn, pot & okra. Some home made cabatta rolls. A few oyster shooters and a cream puff. Oh and a beer!

Last edited:
Tonight I'm doing a crawfish boil w/ corn, pot & okra. Some home made cabatta rolls. A few oyster shooters and a cream puff. Oh and a beer!

39817-albums888-picture5751.jpg

Back
Top Bottom