The Day After Thanksgiving 11-27-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Not everyone wants Turkey leftover's today.

So, I'll be making a bacon glazed spiral ham using a Kor-Bert ham our butcher sent over.I'll be heating it up in a foil wrap.Last few minutes I'll unwrap and let the glaze do it's thing.

Looks too good to pass up.Now hubby can really have an authentic club sammich today.

https://bacontoday.com/bacon-glazed-ham/

We're sitting for our grandson tonight and we're all having leftovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I made a small pot of soup using the seasonings from Steve's Goulash Soup recipe and various odds and ends that I had on hand. I will have a bowl of that and also nuke some vegetables leftover from yesterday. Back to the turkey tomorrow!!!

The SousChef found a marked down flank steak at the market today and he actually got the butcher to run it once through the tenderizer. I was impressed that the butcher actually went out of his way to do that for him. In my experience, service in super meatmarkets is rare these days.

Anyway it's been years since I laid my hands on a wonderful flank steak. I've yet to decide how to cook it. Open for suggestions....

Carb loading day 2, but no marathon running. Leftovers here as well. I really do need to find a vegetable somewhere.

Munky, that bacon glazed spiral ham looks and sounds fabulous! I'm tempted to drive up there and just show up on your doorstep. I saved the link you posted...omgosh, a site devoted to just bacon. :ohmy::yum:
-----------------
Kay, my first thought for your flank steak was Pepper Steak... Especially since the butcher was kind enough to tenderize it for you. Served over rice for the Sous, and sans rice for you? Hey, that rhymed. :LOL:
------------------
I'll be having Thanksgiving leftovers for tonight's dinner, and looking forward to every bite. :yum: The fresh green beans are gone, so my veggie will probably be a mix of frozen peas and steamed fresh carrots.

Last edited:
KL, my first thought is marinated grilled and slant sliced Fajitas, but since it's tenderized, I'd grill it whole. Plus, if I had to go to the store for something like limes or tortillas, well there goes the mark down savings ( there's too many aisles between those two items.

As for dinner here tonight, I'm making a quasi monte cristo casserole. I was almost too generous with my turkey sammie for lunch, so there is just a handful of leftover turkey for supper. I conjured up the crystal ball aka Google and found if I added some diced deli ham, grated monterey jack and whisked some eggs/ milk/ crumbled sage/ dijon and mix it all up with some diced dinner rolls. It's soaking for about an hour and is going in the oven Soon.
Cranberry sauce on the side. A thin sliver/ ok 2 slivers Apple pie too.

The SousChef found a marked down flank steak at the market today and he actually got the butcher to run it once through the tenderizer. I was impressed that the butcher actually went out of his way to do that for him. In my experience, service in super meatmarkets is rare these days.

Anyway it's been years since I laid my hands on a wonderful flank steak. I've yet to decide how to cook it. Open for suggestions....

K, S&P, granulated garlic, a drizzle of Olive Oil, whole on a hot grill to medium-rare, rest 5 minutes, slice against the grain, MMM. SC "super salad" with the sliced meat atop, a glass (or two ;)) of wine and you're good

It's a balmy 65 F here today, so we're pretending it's still summer. Burgers on the grill, cole slaw, and oven fried sweet potatoes. Reality is going to smack me upside the head pretty soon, as the snow is on the way.

Ha! Leftover Thanksgiving goodies, of course. Even though we didn't cook this year, Glenn's oldest daughter hosted the feast/fest, so we were still loaded up with tons of yummy leftover treats. It was all sooooo good and tasted just as good today as it did yesterday.

Best of all, there could still be two more days of delicious food. I might not have to cook until Monday. Wow!! By then I'm pretty sure we'll be ready for beast. Usually are after a marathon of turkey, etc.

We're eating leftovers today. And then tomorrow we'll be eating leftover leftovers. By Sunday I had better come up with something non-leftover-y that will use up the last of the leftover-leftover turkey.

No complaints, mind you. Just very thankful that we HAVE so much food that it can serve us...perhaps in perpetuity. :ermm: :ohmy:

I ended up broiling the flank steak to med. rare, rested and sliced thin and spread the top with a compound butter of blue cheese and finely minced shallots. :yum:

Well the Chimichanga didn't work out. I needed a thicker filling.
So we had filling and flour tortillas. The tortillas were homemade.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom