The dinner thread, Thursday, Dec. 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a pastrami and cheese with lettuce and tomato on a sub roll. Half for lunch, other half for dinner.

Put that burger and egg on rice and cover with a little beef gravy and you've got a nice loco moco.

Spaghetti here. I've got some rope sausage thawing and will come up with some kind of sauce. All I really have is onion and garlic, but that will work. I'm always meaning to pick up some canned shrooms for times like these when I avoid the stores.

Or get dried mushrooms. They usually have a deal on those at Costco.

Something with chicken here. I'm not sure what it will be. I had better decide soon!

Oh...oatmeal oven fried chicken it is! Thanks to Greg for posting the recipe. Copied and pasted here. Will try it now

Or get dried mushrooms. They usually have a deal on those at Costco.

No Costco and the only dried mushrooms I've seen around here are either porcini or stir-fry, but that's a great idea. Next time I'm at a Wegman's I'll look for dried crimini or button mushrooms. If anyone has them around here it would be them. And I'm sure they are better than canned... but I did find a can in the cupboard :) I hate when the can faces backwards :LOL:

a big salad is the choice for tonight. romaine, artichoke hearts and thinly sliced ham. a little sprinkle of sliced almonds. oh and a hard boiled egg grated on top. have a nice asian diet dressing for the top.
YUM! I love artichoke hearts! My grandma got me hooked on them!.. Your salad sounds really delish! Too bad I'm not closer.

Mark is having chicken pot pie made from last night's leftovers. I'm not sure what I'm having yet.
He wants a repeat of last night... chicken and noodles.

I had half an italian sub... ham, salami, provolone cheese, peperoncini and a little mayo.

All your dinners sound soo good! .. for a lot, it's a burger kind of day.

Back
Top Bottom