The Dinner Thread - Thursday, March 24, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
It's kind of chilly outside, so I'm having.... what else? Chili!

(Yes, I do eat a lot of chili)

img_1460142_0_9267015ccbe31c52219f78c9983ddba1.jpg

Hot sausage with peppers and onions, oven roasted asparagus, strawberries with cream.

Sort of an odd combination but the asparagus was a last minute deal in the grocery store today.

Oooh....your chili looks good, Steve!

Not real sure yet, but it'll be something simple. I've been kind of craving black beans over rice, so I might make a doctored up version of that from a can of black beans. :) I've got some jalapenos, red and green bells, and onion to use up. Hopefully my last avocado will cooperate and be at the right doneness to have as a side.

Last edited:
Fried rice with the rest of the porchetta, red bell, carrot, red onion, green onion, eggs, green peas, garlic, ginger. Sauce was made with hoisin, a touch of sugar, tamari, sriracha, rice vinegar, sesame oil. It was really good. The best homemade "flie lice" we have ever had. Based on a recipe from Epicurious I found. We'll probably add shrimp, maybe chicken next time and make it "special fried rice."

We finished up the last of the chicken and lots of veggies soup. Good thing, too. I needed that space freed up for the groceries I brought home today.

Oooh....your chili looks good, Steve!

Not real sure yet, but it'll be something simple. I've been kind of craving black beans over rice, so I might make a doctored up version of that from a can of black beans. :) I've got some jalapenos, red and green bells, and onion to use up. Hopefully my last avocado will cooperate and be at the right doneness to have as a side.

Did my doctored up black beans and rice dish for dinner this afternoon. It was delicious :yum: - I would have liked some corn bread to go with it, but it was so throw together I didn't have time. No avocado either - it went bad on me. Good filling meal, though.

Attachments

• black beans and rice.jpg
    black beans and rice.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 251
We had pan fried chicken breast (whole boneless/skinless breast cut in half across then butterflied and pounded thin), microwave steamed fresh crinkle cut carrots and homemade saffron and mushroom rice pilaf.

I'm visiting my mom and her husband. Last night for dinner, she made leftover roast chicken with homemade gravy and a frozen veggie mix all together, served over mashed potatoes with biscuits. Yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom