The Eat Beat for Tuesday, 5-23-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I started a slow-cooker Thai Pork Peanut dish last night too late for it to be supper, so I set the meat and sauce in the fridge to finish the dish tonight. That part is heading into the slow cooker mere minutes from now. Once it's back up to cooking temp, I'll add red pepper strips. When done, I'll remove the peppers and pork, add in the creamy peanut butter and stir until incorporated into the pot juices, and return the peppers and meat to sauce them up. I think I'll pull the solids a bit early so that they can sit in the peanut sauce a bit longer. Hope I don't end up with grainy sauce. :ermm: This is a first-time-for-me recipe.

I'll serve that over cellophane noodles and with a side of broccoli and garlic sauteed in sesame-peanut oils.

What are you eating tonight?

I know this will come a shock to you, but I have not decided what I'm making for supper.:LOL:

I am leaning toward a baked spud, with chili and cheese on top. That is easy, and doesn't make a mess of my kitchen.

It is only 4:30, so my mind could change several times.

CD

So far, mostly gnats. They're horrid outside. Oh, and tuna salad with chives. A couple of DH's buddies are back in town so he's going out for pizza with them.

It's been cool and rainy all day. I thawed some barbecued shredded beef (made in the Instant Pot) for dinner tonight. I have a craving for mashed potatoes, so I'll serve the beef over that with a salad on the side.

I decided to "spend some carbs" and make honest to goodness shredded beef and cheese Enchilada's tonight, just like Mama used to make. She always topped them with grated hard cooked eggs and chopped cilantro when they were done.
Here's a picture of them about to go in the oven.

img_1512080_0_e49e6022b55e7c87ae5dcaa4cca083a0.jpg

Last edited:
Monkfish on the grill, corn on the cob, nuked green beans. In spite of what the seed marketers tell you, this corn is not anywhere near as good as fresh local corn. We're a couple of months away from that.

I pulled a prepared meatloaf out of the freezer and baked it along with a couple of russets. Steamed a huge head of broccoli and that was dinner. Butter, sour cream and bacon bits made the potato and the meal extra special.

I decided to "spend some carbs" and make honest to goodness shredded beef and cheese Enchilada's tonight, just like Mama used to make. She always topped them with grated hard cooked eggs and chopped cilantro when they were done.

img_1512089_0_e49e6022b55e7c87ae5dcaa4cca083a0.jpg

I have been craving cheese and onion enchiladas. I've never made them. I always get them at one of my favorite Tex-Mex joints.

CD

I pulled a prepared meatloaf out of the freezer and baked it along with a couple of russets. Steamed a huge head of broccoli and that was dinner. Butter, sour cream and bacon bits made the potato and the meal extra special.

Have you ever tried smoking a meatloaf? You can do it on just about any grill, with some hickory chips. I am a smoked meatloaf apostle. I preach the virtues of smoked meatloaf anywhere I can.

CD

Attachments

• MeatloafSmoking.jpg
    MeatloafSmoking.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 113
Have you ever tried smoking a meatloaf? You can do it on just about any grill, with some hickory chips. I am a smoked meatloaf apostle. I preach the virtues of smoked meatloaf anywhere I can.

CD

Never tried it. Thanks for the idea.

CD

Need extra large papers.

Sorry, old joke...

img_1512101_0_e49e6022b55e7c87ae5dcaa4cca083a0.jpg

Plenty for another dinner, and here's the finished product complete with classic Mexican rice.
img_1512101_1_ec635554d5299ae3446f5907ad2a06bf.jpg

You should try making them CD!!

Back
Top Bottom