"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-13-2007, 01:43 PM   #11
Sous Chef

I enjoy the food network...of course being here in the North, we may get some different programs (Canadian content) than you do. I really like the Contessa....I can't stand Paula or Rachel........Paula with her accent and Rachel with her giggle/laugh....and I can't stand chefs who wear their rings when they have their hands in the foods!!!....If there is nothing else that I want to watch when I just want to relax with the tv as background noise, I always put the food network on

Old 12-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I love Paula's recipes. I don't make them because of all that wonderful butter but..heck, they sure sound delish!!

Old 12-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

i watch it almost everyday. get good tips once in a while.

don't care for the bare foot lady, she just seems snotty to me. "as in use a good ," choco or what ever indg. she is talking about. feel she is talking down to us.

i used to love emeral but his bams finally got to me.

wow i got really worked up over this didn't i?

i really do like sandra lee and many of the others.

babetoo
Old 12-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutfry View Post
There are a few shows on the Food Network that I enjoy, but I think my favorite is Good Eats--maybe it's just my inner scientist, but I like how Alton Brown explains more than just how to cook things. A lot of the recipes from Food Network seem to be over my head and my budget, but it can be fun to watch and get ideas.
Me to. I love learning about how the chemical and physical reactions all work together to make a good recipe. I also love that all the recipes are available online for free.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:42 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillingFool View Post
Has anyone seen the show with Amy, winner of the Next Food Network Star?

And is Paula Dean boozing it up, or just acting like it??????

Big Good Eats fan, enjoy Iron Chef, would love to host Drive Ins, Diners & Dives!!
I've seen Amy's show (The Gourmet Next Door) a couple of times. Unfortunately it's on at an inconvenient time (1 pm on Sundays). The recipes I saw looked good and she gives a lot of tips while preparing them. It wasn't something I'd make a point of watching, though.

Paula Dean has "jumped the shark," I think. She's making a caricature of herself.

I like Good Eats, too, and Giada's recipes, and Tyler's Ultimate when I can catch it, and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. DH and I both like Dinner: Impossible.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #16
Certified Cake Maniac

I get the Canadian version of the Food Network. We get many of the shows on the American version and some of our own. I think my two favourites lately are Dinner:Impossible (we watched a marathon last night) and Ace of Cakes, as I am trying to become a bit of an "extreme cake maker" myself! Iron Chef (both) is great and we have a great Canadian show called Restaurant Makeover where they take a Toronto eatery that is going under, match the owner's $15,000 and bring in a designer and a chef to turn it around. Sometimes it works and sometimes...

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #17
Cook

Food Network

I am beginning to dislike Rachel Ray...too perky to be real and I definitely can't stand Paula's cackling. But both of them do make good food. I don't like the shows where they don't cook. If I want to find the best dinner in Pensyltuckey I'll watch the travel channel. The shows where they cook are my favorites and Emeril was one of the best. I see where they are taking his live show off the air. I suppose it has run its course.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #18
Master Chef

I enjoy the food channel, and have learned something from just about everyone I've watched, even Rachel, whom I find considerably annoying.

Paula's southern drawl doesn't bother me at all...in fact, I have one myself, and I'll bet Uncle Bob does too. Fact is, we southerners think you northerners talk kinda funny.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #19
Sous Chef

I haven't sees Emeril for ages....I thought he wa off the Canadian food ch.....I do miss his shows. Many of his recipes were not hard to do in my own kitchen. I'm a senior who loves to cook.....hate the clean-up part tho'......and enjoy using very good ingredients if I can get them, as I feel they make a world of difference in a recipe
Old 12-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #20
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella/TO View Post
I haven't sees Emeril for ages....I thought he wa off the Canadian food ch.....I do miss his shows. Many of his recipes were not hard to do in my own kitchen. I'm a senior who loves to cook.....hate the clean-up part tho'......and enjoy using very good ingredients if I can get them, as I feel they make a world of difference in a recipe
Ya Ella, I agree about Emeril. They took him off our Food Channel a long time ago in favour of Christine Chushing's live show which is also not on now. As for clean-up I also agree...however I have a wonderful DH who loves my cooking enough to clean up after me!

As for Rachel, I heard she is doing a new show where she travels around and comments on food and culture? Gee hasn't she done TWO of those already? Come on guys, bring back Emeril!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote