The Food Network

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a huge Guy Fieri fan. Love his work, love his food, love his style. He's actually the only Next Food Network Star who's show I'll watch.

I just saw him for the first time this weekend. He wasn't bad at all. We have our own Food Network Star contest here in Canada. The first winner ended up co-hosting a show on trying to get kids to eat "Just One Bite" and I don't know anything about the second winner, but Anthony Sedulak is pretty good on "The Main". I have learned some good "tricks of the trade" from him.

Yes, there are a lot of repeats; however I can watch more repeats of cooking shows than I can network shows.

Is Food Network still on the air? I haven't watched it in years. Not even sure what channel it is on Dish.

I agree, but isn't some of this because of the writers strike?
Actually, the writers for cooking shows are in the same category as reality shows. They are WGA members and they are still working it's just that this is a slow time of year, January traditionally is reruns. February is sweeps and new shows will be out then.

I have the FN on every day in my kitchen from about noon to 5pm. I cant' sit and watch but while I'm taking care of two toddlers, I will get a min or two every once in awhile to stop and see what's going on. It's mostly Rachel, Paula, Gaida (sp) Emeril, Sandra Lee and just whatever is on.

And I hit the FN website up all the time looking for new recipes. But I'm a visual learner and watching them make something sticks in my brain a lot better than copying down a recipe.

I've been watching FN for a number of years, but I feel my skills are ahead of a majority of their shows. I hardly feel I learn anything, or get inspired from watching FN anymore and look to other channels like Discovery Home or WLIW (Lidia Bastianich, Colameco, Mark Bittman) as learning tools. The new show with Jamie Oliver is a nice breath of fresh air, but that's about it. I love shows that interview actual chefs like Diners, Drive-Ins. That's where I get some good ideas.

I watch FN all the time, every chance I get. I've made some recipes from the shows and I have gotten a lot of good ideas and great tips over the years. My all-time favorite show was Ready Set Cook! Any one else remember that one. I love The Two Fat Ladies and Jamie Oliver ( I have most of their cook books). My current favorite are Alton Brown/Good Eats, 30 minute meals, and Giada.

Back
Top Bottom