The Food Trough: Dinner 12-17-2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Where did Harry go? I miss his posts and the photos of his wonderful foods.

Papa is grilling chicken leg quarters and brushing them with Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, minced garlic, sage, and onion powder I mixed together.

We're having baked sweet potatoes and artichokes with garlic, salt and pepper melted butter.

What is on your plates?

With love,
~Cat

Lite crab salad with home grown lettuce, fennel, orange supremes and citrus dressing.:yum: No cooking.

Yeah, where did Harry go?
I was just thinking of him when I was talking about the space bar... :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to grill a steak that is thawing right now. Steam some asparagus. And I'll probably throw a spud wrapped in foil with olive oil and too much salt on the grill, too.
Then I will be thinking about how I should have picked up some sour cream when I was out today.

We had leftover pizza. Over the weekend we got Papa John's 3 medium pizza deal. Had half of that left so popped it in the oven and reheated it and served it along with salads.

Have half a chicken cranberry pecan sandwich left over from lunch.

We must wait until Aunty wakes up from her nap to eat. She's more tired these days -- I think with all of us and Carl in the house, we're wearing her out.

MammaCat

Tonight was clear out the refrigerator night.

We had leftover oxtail soup, a couple of ears of corn-on-the-cob, steamed spinach, baked sliced Idaho potatoes, roasted garlic-rosemary bread, tea and the last of the coconut-cashew-white chocolate chip cookies.

CraigC------ do you own boas? (I noticed your sig.)

Yes, I keep and breed arboreal boas. Only two subspecies of the genus corallus. Commonly called Emerald Tree Boas, both Northern Shield and Amazon Basin. My avatar is a picture my wife (Karen) took of a friends Guatemalan Palm Viper.

I was given a boa for my birthday during my 40s. He vanished one day----- into the sofa bed and only a tickle on the tail convinced him to come out. We had to give him away after a few years----(selling the house, moving to tiny home) but found what we knew was a good home for him.
Your boas are beautiful.

We had Piller's European Wieners wrapped in flat bread because we didn't have any hot dog buns. I also made cole slaw and we heated some leftover fries in the toaster oven.

Yeah, where did Harry go?
I was just thinking of him when I was talking about the space bar... :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to grill a steak that is thawing right now. Steam some asparagus. And I'll probably throw a spud wrapped in foil with olive oil and too much salt on the grill, too.
Then I will be thinking about how I should have picked up some sour cream when I was out today.
Space bar? Did I miss that post?

Also missing Harry!! I made a Sausage Kale soup, with Cannellini beans and tortellini, served with grilled cheese on sourdough Sammies. image-3880564147.jpg

We had a big lunch at Nando's so we weren't very hungry at dinner. TB had a hot dog (large polish dog) and I haven't been feeling great so didn't have anything until now, I am eating the leftover cold pizza from yesterday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom