"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-21-2004, 04:06 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Old 10-21-2004, 04:09 PM   #12
Master Chef

last time i ate tons of Holiday food just because it was there was 1999.
i had Christmas dinner, then wine and chocolates, then i went home and had chocolate-covered popcorn, then some more candy later on. that's the last time i ate too much and the last time i ate when i wasn't hungry. the belly bloat and the stomachache just weren't worth it. i'll take my usual few ounce-portion of turkey (ham at Christmas) and my few tablespoons full of potatoes and stuffing. gravy, too, and the olives off of a piece of stuffed celery. i don't eat the other stuff like the desserts... as i've said before, i don't like desserts, and i only put my favorites on my plate and ignore the other stuff on the table so there's something different to snack on over the next few days besides the same food i had at the Holiday meals.
New Year's will involve a fancy restaurant, and a very yummy meal, but as i do in any restaurant, i'll skip the pre-dinner rolls, only have a few bites of the salad, share an appetizer with my boyfriend and leave him most of it, so i can actually ENJOY my main course instead of struggling through it cause i'm too full. there will be leftovers and 7 very happy cats.dessert is out of the question. i'll have a glass or two of wine and probably stop in to toast with my Parents and go out for the night, where i'll stay with cocktails.
all season long, my stomach will stay comfortable and happy. :)

Old 10-21-2004, 04:40 PM   #13
Hospitality Queen

Now, see, I love the feasting. I adore eating till I'm full and then having more! I can't bear to skip a serving of anything, and once the coffee, pie and cookies come out, watch out!
Old 10-21-2004, 05:56 PM   #14
Certified Executive Chef

Mudbug, what is Rotel dip???
Old 10-21-2004, 05:58 PM   #15
Hospitality Queen

Is Rotel dip made with Rotel brand canned tomaotes?
Old 10-21-2004, 06:03 PM   #16
Head Chef

Ro-Tel dip is a brick of Velveeta Cheese melted and blended with a can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes....

We've discusssed here elsewhere a wide variety of variations on the theme, but this is the basic version.

I'm personally addicted to the stuff!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:14 PM   #17
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audeo
Ro-Tel dip is a brick of Velveeta Cheese melted and blended with a can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes....

We've discusssed here elsewhere a wide variety of variations on the theme, but this is the basic version.

I'm personally addicted to the stuff!
Oh, thanks
Old 10-21-2004, 06:42 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Halloween, isn't much of a deal here, but, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year are :) I make all the goodies for each holiday..My kids all get to ask for one thing to eat that they can't do without. Thanksgiving is turkey with all the trimmings, Christmas is either prime rib or beef wellington, New Years, is my birthday and we go OUT :) I have to count carbs, but, do make all the antipasti ,sweets, potatoes, veggies, meat that each holiday calls for and I do indulge :) I don't believe in "diet" nasty nasty word :) I just "meal plan" and watch portion size..Life and food are to good to say no thanks all the time.
I say ENJOY
kadesma :)
Old 10-21-2004, 06:56 PM   #19
Certified Executive Chef

Holiday cooking was always a challenge for me as my daughter is a vegetarian. Last year I discovered Tofurkey in slices. I used two pieces and put stuffing (made with No Chicken Broth) in the center and rolled like a enchillada (SP) and put in a baking dish, made 4 and covered with No Chicken Broth, topped with some herbs and baked. Every one there wanted to try her dinner. She said it was really good. This year we are invited to her future in=laws for dinner and she wants me to do this for her. We are all going to dinner on Sunday to discuss it.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:58 PM   #20
Sous Chef

norgeskog, personally, I would lose the daughter and adopt the turkey.
Fur da lutefisk, ya!