The official DC dinner thread for Sat, Aug 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're a bit burned out on deep-fried okra and I found a curious recipe for okra fritters on the Internet today, so I'm gonna try those. Sounded good and I have some very small tender okra pods, which should be just the ticket for this recipe.

I wish I had a chance to get burned out on okra...:pig:

Salisbury steak, smashed red potatoes in jackets (butter, sour cream and ½ & ½), burgundy mushroom and onion gravy and frozen mixed vegetables.

img_1036651_0_e29dcdb5b5ea97f0730c1043e77a0f46.jpg

Nice looking meal, MsM

It's pizza night for us too. Bought the dough at Trader Joe's and we'll be doing white pizza with shrimp and thin sliced white onion with lots of Parm. Asiago, Fontina, and Mozzarella

Nice looking meal, MsM

It's pizza night for us too. Bought the dough at Trader Joe's and we'll be doing white pizza with shrimp and thin sliced white onion with lots of Parm. Asiago, Fontina, and Mozzarella
Thank you kay

Along with the Buffalo shrimp I also grilled some potato wedges and stuffed mushrooms... wrapped in bacon of course.

gee.. must be a pizza day. I just got my car out of the shop late morning, then I went shopping. I got home around 3-ish pm and was starved. I made myself a mini pizza using store-bought dough. Toppings were red onion and portabella mushrooms with mozz cheese.

For Mark, I took out the small crock-pot (I love that thing!) and put in the fixin's for Sloppy Joes. He's getting two of those with Tater Tots.

Nice looking meal, MsM

That was mighty fine pizza!! In addition to the shrimp and thin sliced white onion with lots of Parm. Asiago, Fontina, and Mozzarella, we added fresh leaves of basil and slivers of black truffle under the cheese.
Please excuse the look of my well used pizza stone. :rolleyes:

img_1036751_0_c5c9205d41eb65393b0995f796ff5fa1.jpg

Kayelle said:
That was mighty fine pizza!! In addition to the shrimp and thin sliced white onion with lots of Parm. Asiago, Fontina, and Mozzarella, we added fresh leaves of basil and slivers of black truffle under the cheese.

Drool rag please. Look at that cheese! :pig:

Papa Murphy's was great too.

Is pizza not the perfect food?

img_1036755_0_c5c9205d41eb65393b0995f796ff5fa1.jpg
BEAUTIFUL Kay!! I like TJ's pizza dough, the garlic and herb and whole wheat varieties are great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom