The official DC dinner thread for Sat, Aug 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No one had it today, but lately you guys have been having chicken thighs. We grilled some tonight. They sure did hit the spot. We usually eat chicken breasts, but we love dark meat too. Thanks to all who reminded me that I need to fix thighs sometimes too! ;)

Thanks for the nice comments, guys. ;) I'm thinking next time I might use some marinated artichoke hearts or some sliced green olives for some "bite"..

No one had it today, but lately you guys have been having chicken thighs. We grilled some tonight. They sure did hit the spot. We usually eat chicken breasts, but we love dark meat too. Thanks to all who reminded me that I need to fix thighs sometimes too! ;)

I much prefer thighs over breasts, chopper, especially on the grill where breasts dry out before your very eyes. In fact I hardly ever use breasts for anything anymore, and save a ton of $$ too!!

There is some satisfaction from having something from your own garden. Nothing better than the great tomatoes & herbs!

I agree! Nothing beats growing and eating your own produce and the fruit and herbs actually taste of something unlike the bland flavourless shop bought varieties!
I love making a simple sandwich with still warm tomatoes from the garden or some freshly picked radishes and rocket leaves etc. Yum!

Thank you Fiona and msmofet. There is enough left in the fridge for one more. I might have that for lunch when I get back from shopping, since I only tasted it last night for seasonings.

Upon request, bacon weave fatties.

Attachments

• Q3 11-26-10 fatties.jpg
    Q3 11-26-10 fatties.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 166
Wound up eating fancy mac & cheese. With sliced tomatoes. Tomatoes will be in every meal for awhile.

Oh crap. I just saw that I posted this in the wrong thread :wacko:
I hate double posting pics, too...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom