The Official Dinner Thread for Wed, 8-28-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pork birds (really more like a pork roulade). Filled with a bread stuffing and braised in an onion gravy. Steamed spinach...don't know what dessert will be.

Sook off the blue funk and decided burgers - I made them a couple days ago and stashed in the freezer. Himself will grill them if he feels like taking a bath in DEET two nights in a row, I'll do them in the CI pan with smoked salt if he doesn't. He picked up six ears of fresh-picked corn yesterday and grilled them all last night. I saved half and am trying a corn and black bean salad. I made GGs potato salad a few days ago and saved half. I'm going to tweak this half a bit and add a bit more oil and some Dijon mustard. The vinegar-to-oil ratio is a bit puckery for us.

I'd make this again with curry powder instead of Cajun.

Attachments

• chicken & pasta.jpg
    chicken & pasta.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 154
Beef Stroganoff for us tonight (middle class version, some kind of unlabeled steak from the freezer, round or chuck) lol! Fresh garden green beans on the side. :)

I had fish and chips at the Irish Pub and so did my friend, whose birthday we were celebrating. We started with a plate of nachos and beer (on tap) while we waited for other people to show up. I had Newcastle Brown Ale.

The food and beer was good. The company was even better.

Back
Top Bottom