The Sunday Dinner Thread, Oct 16th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Somebunny, Dawgluver :)

I was just going to sit around drinking Raniers and listening to grunge, but then I realized I did not like Raniers and don't own any plaid anymore :wacko:
Blaine, WA... I guess you would know the local fare. Very good suggestions.

I've had Seattle and San Fran picked out for weeks.
You guys will just have to wait a week until next Sunday for Seattle ;)

We had the chili I started Saturday. It got a "pretty darned good chili" rating...which was then elevated to "your best chili" (only because it was a bit spicier than I normally make) by the bottom of the dish. I did later get "chastized" for using the cold beer from the fridge for the chili since we only put one or two bottles in a time. I think the roasted tomato sauce, roasted garlic, onion, and peppers added a lot, as did "heating" the spices before adding them. I'd only done that when making curry before.

we went to a street festival in cranford, nj yesterday, then had dinner at molly maguire's pub in clark, nj.

i wondered if anyone knew who the "molly maguires" were, and of course, no one in the place knew. anyone here know? pennsylvanians may have heard of it.

our dinner was pretty good. starter salads very small a $4 each, and a shared appy of sauteed shrimp in a gran marnier sauce was also tiny for $10, but then our entrees were really good at good prices.

my boy had a bar pie, dw had chicken samantha (chicken breasts topped with smoked ham and mozz), and i had a double cut, frenched pork chop topped with mushrooms, onions, and hot vinegar peppers.

Looks yummy Pac! So whatcha having next week? I hope it's Salmon or clam chowder or Dungeness crab and probably should follow it up with apple something and a coffee drink! Lol!

Due to my all day headache, we will be revisiting the Jambalaya from last night. DH has made a salad to go with it.

Ciopino would go down a treat!

ROFLMAO Pac! Haven't had a Ranier since I was too young to have one lol! Many of us out west here are much more refined now and prefer to drink the more palatable micro brews that abound in our "neck of the woods". BTW.....plaid????
Can't wait to see what's on the menu next Sunday for the Skidaddle game!

We had pot roast, black eyed peas, mashed pototoes, and cornbread.

I made an ice cream sundays with some store bought brownies and chocolate chip icecream, and made a chocolate sauce (forgot to buy chocolate sauce).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom