"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-07-2014, 10:26 PM   #11
Sous Chef
I'm trying out a pressure cooker recipe for red beans for red beans and rice. A side salad. German chocolate cake for dessert. Or ice cream. Or both.

mmyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:45 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
wow, rock. just wow.

i haven't had a good flank steak in a long time.

i had to work late today for training on cbs's new online streaming news channel, so i didn't get to sleep until the afternoon and then wake up until after dinner. i ended up picking up, or rather got ripped off with takeout italian.

i ordered a simple chicken parm with a side of spaghetti and a side salad from a glorified pizza place nearby. it was $19.70 for nothing more than what you can get in any pizza joint around here. in fact, the side salad ($3) was about a cup - maybe less- of chopped iceberg lettuce, a single, halved cherry tomato, and 2 shavings of a slice of onion.

when i asked the guy why it was more than what it said on the menu, he said there were extra charges for takeout, for having the pasta in a separate container than the chicken (it said "over" pasta), and for asking for the salad dressing on the side. so $15 chicken parm turned into almost $20.

scratch that place off my list.

nickel and diming is a good way to lose customers.

in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #13
Master Chef
I hate when that happens bt. Those places are "one and done" for us too.

I've had grumbellies again, so no real dinner. I did have some tuna salad because of the tuna thread making the rounds right now, and so far-so good. Himself finished up bits of this and that, but true to form I still have all kinds of food to recycle into some other kind of dinner. Tomorrow should be a real meal.
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:53 AM   #14
Executive Chef
What I call Hogfish Polynesian.

Emeralds are real Gems! C. caninus & C. Batesii.
CraigC is offline   Reply With Quote