The words you can't say in front of a foodie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol wasabi - but you GOTTA have ketchup with fried chicken livers!!! JUST not with that filet mignon!!!!! ;)

astro - ROFL

oh kids, don't get me started - that's one of her more "normal" foods.
In her defense, she's the one that the only meat she can digest is seafood, so whatever floats her boat...
She also can't have other stuff, from the same ailment.
I have to be nice - I can eat almost anything but seafood.

ok, I will call off the bounty hunters! LOL

It's got to be tough to have food problems. Ketchup just gives her another flavor to add, which I can't argue with!!!!! I have a "sister" that finally came to the conclusion that she can only eat things that "swim" and of course, all vegetables and fruts. Chicken, turkey, any kind of meat causes her to be in much pain. But things that swim are fine.

I hate it when a certain someone says: "you don't put chicken stock in beef stew!" or "you don't put Italian sausage in my spaghetti sauce".

Now, if he does not know what is in a dish, he likes it a lot. When he walks in and I am cooking, then all of a sudden my ingredients become an issue!

Get the heck out of my kitchen when I'm cooking! :evil:

Sounds familiar, chocolatechef! How about when somebody tries a dish for the first time and really likes it...until you tell them what the ingredients are. For instance, my father is convinced that he hates sour cream. He'll turn up his nose and say "eeew" and then swears he didn't like the meal afterall and won't like it again. My poor mom has gotten to the point that whenever she uses sour cream in a recipe, she has to tell him that it's a can of cream-based soup instead!

Oh I forgot this!!! A friend says he does not like cheese and won't eat it - not even cream cheese - he just has set his mind to NOT eat cheese.

So now his son is on a kick - I won't eat salads - not pasta salad, not fruit salad, not a nice lettuce salad - NO salads.

I hate when that mindset is "attractive" and a form of something to control for this child. Now mind you - just the previous week of this child stating "no to salads" he had 3 helpings of a pear and bleu cheese salad at my house - it was the best salad he ever had.

Why would you want to deny yourself something you like just to make a point? ....and what is the point?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom