Thinkin' About Dinner, Thu. March 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
SO is working late and I have my annual physical late this afternoon so dinner will be simple and easy.

I will rummage through the freezer and root out a couple of containers of soup for dinner. We will have beef barley, split pea, turkey noodle and potato leek soups to choose from.

What's going to be on your table?

Just got back from a trip to help with the in-laws. I did the majority of the cooking there. It's always hard to go into someone else's kitchen. At any rate, I think tonight I will pull out some chicken wings. Maybe some corn. Not sure what else at this point.

I am looking for the night off of cooking.

I will probably pick up some lamb and chicken kabobs with pilaf and a greek style salad.They also a good shwarma and hummus.

I picked up some of the Philly Italian Herb Cooking Creme at the grocery store the other day so I'll be making the Chicken Florentine casserole with a few adjustments.

I picked up some of the Philly Italian Herb Cooking Creme at the grocery store the other day so I'll be making the Chicken Florentine casserole with a few adjustments.

Sounds good, Mama. Let us know how it comes out. I've never heard of Cooking Creme. It sounds like something new. Are there other flavors?:chef:

we are going out to pick up a present for our birthday boy Carson so will stop at Charlies for a philly cheese steak and fries no cooking for Ma tonight:)
kadesma

A roasted chicken leg from the freezer, a nuked sweet potato w/butter, fresh spinach sauteed in bacon drippings, a slice or two of Arnold Double Fiber bread. It's a chore to get the recommended amount of fiber.

We'd expectd to have dinner at Glenn's oldest daughter's new home but, via phone call last night, we'll be having dinner with her and some other family members at a good Thai restaurant nearby.

Haven't been to the restaurant, but it's quite popular and a good friend (very reliable food critic) has eaten there often and highly recommends it. We're looking forward to it and discovered their online menu, which sounds yummy.

Pasta here. SO will be having it with a veggies and garlic infused butter/evoo and I will be having mine with sauteed Portobello mushrooms and a tomato cream sauce. (Yeah, I gotta get all those leftovers used up.) :LOL:

keeping it simple tonight-chicken breasts -not sure how i want to make them yet- rice, and veggies...I want to bake those darn apple dumplings! i finally got the shortening...they're calling my name! It's sorta rainy over here so i may not be walking the dog...baking may work this evening... :)

Well, the verdict is in. I like the Philly Cooking Creme and would use it again. I did add extra spinach and sliced mushrooms to the recipe. I used ziti instead of farfalle because I didn't have any farfalle. It was rich but good.

Attachments

• dinner03102011.jpg
    dinner03102011.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 165
Grilled chicken, mashed potatoes with giblet gravy and sugar snap peas.

Pizza made from 3 day old refrigerated dough, topped with parmigiano, mozzarella, plum tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, oregano, basil, hot pepper flakes, sliced onion, and some olive oil.

Threw something together in the dutch oven with chicken thighs and several canned goods, so we'll see how it turns out after low and slow in the oven.

I'll report later. ;)

Back
Top Bottom