Thirsty Thursday -What's Cooking? 1/16/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet and sour chicken, diced stir fried, not breaded, heavy on the ginger, carrots and pineapple, light on other veg's. Rice.

Grilled sirloin steak topped with sautéed onion, mushroom and green and red peppers, baked potato, squash, tossed salad with tomato, avocado, olives, green pepper.

Baby back pork ribs, mashed potatoes, buttered lima beans, and an apple. I'm stuffed. :)

I hope Glenn feels better soon, Katie.

We had tossed salads (romaine, Persian cukes, radishes, carrots, and tiny grape tomatoes), seared scallops, and Brussels sprouts with bacon and mushrooms. Cornbread on the side.
IMG_20200116_210430378.jpg

D&SIL came over and I made a pot of chili w/beans and a potato salad to go with Mexican hot dogs..

They brought a cake for dessert..

Ross

Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps (recipe I found, with notes on things I changed

Lettuce leaves (I went with romaine)
1-lb ground beef (I used a very course grind, like I would use for chili)
1-yellow onion, diced
1-red bell pepper, diced
2-cloves garlic, minced
1-TBSP soy sauce
1/4 Cup- Hoisin sauce
1 or 2 TBSP hot chili sauce (I used 1 TBSP of Sriracha)
1-TSP ground ginger
1-TBSP rice wine vinegar
1/2 TBSP Honey (the real stuff)
4 green onions (the ones I bought tasted like crap, so didn't use them)
Salt, pepper and oil (canola) for sautéing

Prepare your mise en place. Mix all your liquids in one bowl.

Sauté onions peppers and garlic, then add beef. Season with salt and pepper as you cook.

When the meat and veggies are cooked, add your liquids, and lower heat to a simmer, and cook until incorporated and somewhat thickened (less than five minutes).

CD

Attachments

• LettuceWraps800600.jpg
    LettuceWraps800600.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 98
casey, those sound and look good! Good seeing you again, stranger. Guess you're still super busy with work, or are you just avoiding us. ;) :winkiss:

Neither. It is January, and as usual, I have the wintertime blues. I'm not cooking as much interesting stuff -- a lot of grazing -- and not posting a lot online. I am still lurking, though, and chime in from time to time.

CD

Back
Top Bottom