Thu Jan 19 - What's for dinner, Skinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have a left over chicken thigh, i cooked in the crock pot. think i will shred it up and heat with some stir fry veggies, low cal and filling. have sugar free jello with peaches for dessert.

Spent my one day off a week at the Dr's office. He put me on some serious antibiotics. Too tired after being out in the cold muck today. We ordered in pizza.

I'm looking at Chinese, cumin beef recipes. I'm going to velvet the meat. Wish me luck. Maybe stir fry some of the Kirkland brand "stir fry blend" of frozen vegis.

I took bits and pieces of various recipes. Wow, that turned out really well. I need to practice that velveting, but the flavour was great, almost exactly like at the Chinese restaurant where I learned to love this dish.

I found a decent recipe for the stir fried vegis. Parblanching them was a nice touch. It kept the colours bright. The sauce was equal parts chicken stock and oyster sauce. Next time I will try adding a bit of cornstarch to thicken it.

Served over brown basmati rice.

taxlady said:
Sounds yummy. Now, if I can just find plain Fritos instead of bbq :ohmy:

If you can find the little bags of Fritos, you open the bag and put everything else in it! No bowl needed! They call it Frito Pie here, and it's quite popular.

Last edited:
Pork chops with gravy, homemade fries, steamed green beans with roasted garlic and peppers, killer coleslaw and a fruity drink for me. Now I'm ready for tea and bed. I'm pathetic. LOL.

Sounds yummy. Now, if I can just find plain Fritos instead of bbq :ohmy:

That was my problem, especially because I was searching for a certain sized bag to have tailgating Fritos' Pie, which I posted for one of my PPPC's when Cleveland Played the Texans. Good stuff.

Here was my dinner.
I used the bacon "renderings" from today's lunch as my basis for the gravy. Because I can. :chef:

Attachments

• dinner 1-19-12.jpg
    dinner 1-19-12.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 159
Let's face it, bacon makes most stuff taste better. I used bacon grease to fry our pork chops tonight. Nummy.

I made a big salad with iceberg lettuce, pieces of bacon and chicken and 3 kinds of olives, green onion, shredded carrot, snipped parsley, refrigerator cucumber pickles and lots of blue cheese dressing. I almost always keep blue cheese in the frig. I put a little snipped dill in the bc dressing too. Cheater garlic toast, French bread slices in the toaster, butter and sprinkle with a little garlic powder. 2 glasses of organic cranberry juice mixed with sparkling water.

pacanis said:
That was my problem, especially because I was searching for a certain sized bag to have tailgating Fritos' Pie, which I posted for one of my PPPC's when Cleveland Played the Texans. Good stuff.

Here was my dinner.
I used the bacon "renderings" from today's lunch as my basis for the gravy. Because I can. :chef:

Yummmmm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom