Thu Jan 19 - What's for dinner, Skinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks so good, PPT! I so love bean sprouts.

Thank you. The "batter" is soaked rice, split mung beans, salt and water that gets blended. To that I added balanced bean sprouts, kimchi, blanched bracken, garlic chives, green onion and diced pork.

Made this way there is no flour so it is gluten free.

Chicken & Dumplings !

img_1098346_0_cdabbd40acd3493295f108bb8ae2a647.jpg

Wow. Real dumpling dumplings! Haven't had them in years. It's funny how some dumpling recipes make flat things that look like noodles. :huh: Their shape seems to depend on where you live - I'd call these southern style.

At my age, I prefer Corelle. Light and easy to handle for these arthritic hands and fingers. Am getting rid of all my Blue Willow pattern. Except for the soup bowls. Different from the ceral bowls. I also have a service for eight round soup spoons. They are hard to find nawadays. Except for very expensive sets. :)

O my. I'm a plate o' feller too. If there's a matching pair minimum, or something that goes with what I already have, I snap them up. I think the Goodwill likes to see me coming when it's time to unload and make room for more. I also collect Depression glass. These are two of my favorite patterns.

Attachments

• Adam Cherry Blossom.jpg
    Adam Cherry Blossom.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DG_Avocado.jpg
    DG_Avocado.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 118
I don't have photos--I was soooo hungry (and tired), we just ate when I got back. I had to be in the City all day (left at 9:00 a.m., drove all over the City, curled, and came home, got here at 9:15 p.m.). I was cold and tired. I had left 1/2 of the meat from the cabbage roll soup + added another 1/2 lb (to make 1-1/2 lb total) of ground beef. The DH brought frozen cabbage and a jar of homecanned tomatoes. He patted 1/2 of the meat mixture in the bottom of a loaf pan, added cabbage (I don't know how much), tomatoes. Topped that with the rest of the meat, another round of cabbage and tomato. Baked at 350 for about 1-1/2 hours. His comment: This is better than cabbage rolls. We were impressed by how well the frozen cabbage worked. We usually don't freeze cabbage (he blanched it and froze it because he didn't have enough to make another batch of kraut). Baked potatoes went in at the same time. That was it, with a nice glass of white wine.

Back
Top Bottom