Thurs. 1-27 Menu at Your Place?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it will be chicken - either ala king or sesame (family wants this again) with rice, sting beans and maybe tomatoes on the side in some fashion.

Any plans?

I just got back from shopping and I picked up a couple of Banquet Beef Pot Pies.

I'm going to take them out of the cardboard "pans" and try cooking them so that I can get the crusts to brown. I like them for a cheap treat (I love the gravy flavor), but it's hard to get the crusts, top AND bottom brown without those old aluminum pans.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Spaghetti Carbonara tonight. I've been hungry for it for a while. We'll be having a big green salad and garlic toast too.

Z, check out the package directions on those pot pies. The last time I bought them, (don't remember the brand) the "paper" pans were lined with something that made the crusts brown and beautiful. Soooooo unlike the tin pans they used to come in, when they were still on the verge of soggy.

Last edited:
Spaghetti Carbonara tonight. I've been hungry for it for a while. We'll be having a big green salad and garlic toast too.

Z, check out the package directions on those pot pies. The last time I bought them, (don't remember the brand) the "paper" pans were lined with something that made the crusts brown and beautiful. Soooooo unlike the tin pans they used to come in.

Will do. Thanks, KL:)

I always used to flip them upsidedown onto a plate and kind of mash the whole thing together. Mix the soft dough into the ingredients. Back them they were 3 for a buck.

Try cooking those pies on top of your pizza stone if you have one.

Lunch – Leftover Taco fixings from last night.

img_963802_0_49ca05c11a3a2387eb0a09da0ef2abb7.jpg

img_963802_1_bd0bbbb5b96d41e655a0239894da3520.jpg

As I was browsing in the grocery store, I realized that DH took the leftover spaghetti for lunch today. Meatball subs tonight won't help his reflux! Quick change of plans to hamburgers and potato salad.

Had a snow day from school today so I made broth from my Thanksgiving and late Dec. turkey bones. WIll have turkey soup on Sat.

Tonight is left over pea soup and popovers from from Tues.

Z, check out the package directions on those pot pies. The last time I bought them, (don't remember the brand) the "paper" pans were lined with something that made the crusts brown and beautiful. Soooooo unlike the tin pans they used to come in, when they were still on the verge of soggy.

Thanks for the tip, KL. They came out fine. It's nice to gorge myself on a simple treat like that, especially when the crust comes out good like that too.

I'm so low maintenance. They weren't on sale but were still only 59¢ each.:LOL:

I think I will have the ribs I can smell in the crockpot! Maybe serve with rice and green beans. Now I need to think about desert....

We had ham, potato salad, brussel sprouts, sliced tomatoes and corn bread - cupcakes for dessert. Why does brussel sprouts look like it is spelled wrong? Where did my spell check go?

I just threw some frozen wings on the frozen grill. I think I'll make a hot blue cheese sauce for them. I hope my carrots are still good.

I cooked up some lamb tenderloins with a pan sauce of white wine, rosemary, lemon & garlic. Served it with carrots roasted in duck fat and potatoes put through the ricer.

Splendid!

Back
Top Bottom