"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis
I know, fuzzy pic. I should have moved it off the white plate because I was getting washout, but here it is anyway. It was too tasty not to post.
I ended up using Alfredo sauce and that was the ticket. LOL, frozen ravioli and homemade Alfredo sauce
Anyway, Frozen ravioli lasagna with spinach, Alfredo sauce, mozz, crimini, ground turkey, parm... not necessarily in that order
That looks yummo! (to quote Andy and the Rach).

Old 09-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Grilled steelhead trout, baked potatoes with everything, Mexi-mixed vegetables, iced tea and the last of the apple bundt cake for dessert.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #43
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

That looks and sounds really yummy, Pacanis. I've never tried frozen ravioli, but now I'll have to get some.

I've noticed lots of people here at DC mention using frozen ravioli, and it would be an easy meal that I could make as large or small as I want.

Living alone and cooking for one is hard sometimes to make something that doesn't give me at least 4 meals. 3 or more of those and my freezer is stuffed (again).

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara
That looks and sounds really yummy, Pacanis. I've never tried frozen ravioli, but now I'll have to get some.

I've noticed lots of people here at DC mention using frozen ravioli, and it would be an easy meal that I could make as large or small as I want.

Living alone and cooking for one is hard sometimes to make something that doesn't give me at least 4 meals. 3 or more of those and my freezer is stuffed (again).
I so hear you, Zhizara! I cook for two, and still everything grows out of the pot. Will have to check out the frozen ravioli my own self, though there is currently no room in my freezer!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #45
Executive Chef

Bacon, turkey, lettuce, tomato and avocado double decker sandwich.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #46
Master Chef

Blue Plate Special

Don't know what came over me last night with cooking a Thanksgiving Dinner in Aug. but it's paid off for two nights now, and as so often happens it was even better today.

Sliced turkey with gravy on a split Chabata roll, onion/bacon green beans, mashed potatoes with outa sight pan gravy. I did a mushroom saute' in butter just for something to do, and sprinkled them all over the top just because.
Wish I had some pumpkin pie!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle
Blue Plate Special

Don't know what came over me last night with cooking a Thanksgiving Dinner in Aug. but it's paid off for two nights now, and as so often happens it was even better today.

Sliced turkey with gravy on a split Chabata roll, onion/bacon green beans, mashed potatoes with outa sight pan gravy. I did a mushroom saute' in butter just for something to do, and sprinkled them all over the top just because.
Wish I had some pumpkin pie!
Stuffing too? Sounds soooo good, Kayelle!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #48
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
hope you feel better, timothy.

i'm making scooter's leftover's.

lol, i should explain.

when i was a boy, i had a dog named scooter who would eat anything if it had some tomato sauce on it. and i mean anything. you had to be careful if you spilled some sauce on shoes or clothing because scooter would chew on those as well if she smelled them in the laundry room.

well, one day i came home and smelled something delicious on the stove, so i helped myself to a bowl. it was a delicious combo of leftover meats from previous meals, including grilled chicken, hamburgers, sausage, and pork chops.
what i didn't realize was that mom was making it for the dog, lol. some of the meats were a bit past their prime, but not spoiled yet, and i thankfully had gotten there just before she was to add gained burgers and other dog food to the pot.

i found it to be a great way to use up leftover meats, especially grilled meats, as it makes them moist and tasty once again as they flavour the sauce. sans dog food , of course.

so tonight, it's leftover grilled sausage and chicken in tomato sauce, alla scooter.
That reminds me of "garbage soup" the kids loved when they were younger.
We would put leftover meat in a freezer container, jut layer it in, whatever was left over even if it was a spoonful or so of taco meat, or whatever. We also put left over veggies, chili, spaghetti sauce, etc. When the container was full we thawed it and put it in a pan to heat up. All the flavors mixed together made a tasty soup.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #49
Senior Cook

Short ribs, which was a HUGE disappointment; new recipe from CaH. Involved red wine and coke for the braise, Stick to Cook's recipe which is port and balsamic. Also made noodles and corn salad.

Bummer.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Chopper, great idea for us "adults" too! DH frequently leaves a Tbls. or two of stuff in a large container in the fridge, claiming either it's not enough for a meal, or too much to finish it all. Will try the layer thing!

Sherry, really a bummer! Especially after all that work.