Thursday, 1/6/2011, What's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure yet, but I'm getting ready to start About the Daniel Fast Sunday, so I will be eating something with meat, sour cream, and every fattening thing left in the house. :LOL: Ok, I still don't want to totally overdo it, but I do have some sour cream and Rocky Road ice cream left, so I will use them up between now and Saturday night.

Ah-ha! Stroganoff, with mashed potatoes instead of noodles. Rocky Road for dessert. Or Rocky Road now and stroganoff, potatoes, and a vegetable for dessert. :D

:)Barbara

Not sure yet, but I'm getting ready to start About the Daniel Fast Sunday, so I will be eating something with meat, sour cream, and every fattening thing left in the house. :LOL: Ok, I still don't want to totally overdo it, but I do have some sour cream and Rocky Road ice cream left, so I will use them up between now and Saturday night.

Ah-ha! Stroganoff, with mashed potatoes instead of noodles. Rocky Road for dessert. Or Rocky Road now and stroganoff, potatoes, and a vegetable for dessert. :D

Sounds like a great way to clean out the fridge, especially the Rocky Road Ice Cream, stroganoff, sour cream, and mashed potatoes.

I'm extra pooped today from shopping, so I haven't started the Confetti Soup yet, but I did buy the scallops, and heated a large handful up in a stick of butter with garlic. MmmmMmmmMMMM.

I felt so perked up I heated and ate another handful. Really YUMMY.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I know that feeling. Is it Chili, Spaghetti sauce, or something else. Red is usually good, though.

Yeah, I'm always telling myself to get some labels out, but then I say, ahh I'll remember what it is :wacko:
It's definitely sauce. And I'm pretty sure not the puttanesca that is also in the freezer. I'm hoping there's a meatball or two in there or maybe some sausage, but it's still pretty slushy/frozen. As soon as I know what it is I'll know what kind of pasta I'll be having :chef:

Yeah, I'm always telling myself to get some labels out, but then I say, ahh I'll remember what it is :wacko:
It's definitely sauce. And I'm pretty sure not the puttanesca that is also in the freezer. I'm hoping there's a meatball or two in there or maybe some sausage, but it's still pretty slushy/frozen. As soon as I know what it is I'll know what kind of pasta I'll be having :chef:
Spaghetti with raspberry sauce? :D

Definitely NOT raspberries! That's one fruit I could never get a taste for. And it grows wild all over here. They must like dry weather, they were coming up all over the place last summer. I could freeze some and send them to you, but they'd get lost with the other red stuff in the freezer :LOL:

Sloppy Joe meat over jasmine rice with steamed and buttered Brussels sprouts and quartered mushroom caps simmered in butter and Maggi Seasoning.

img_956373_0_5d648dcf7c5c7d0dbdaeb32e285de8d7.jpg

Definitely NOT raspberries! That's one fruit I could never get a taste for. And it grows wild all over here. They must like dry weather, they were coming up all over the place last summer. I could freeze some and send them to you, but they'd get lost with the other red stuff in the freezer :LOL:
I'm not a raspberry fan either! Sometimes they taste like soap to me. I don't mind raspberry jam or filling now and then, but that's about it.

barb, there is nothing about that fast that sounds good. are you sure?
Yes, I am. I thought about it and prayed about it a lot. It is only for 21 days. It is pretty restrictive but I can eat all the vegetables, fruits, and grains I want. I would have to cut out meat, dairy, sugar, artificial sweeteners, all drinks other than water. It is considered a partial fast, as you do not have to go without eating.

I am doing it for two reasons. One is because I am at my heaviest weight ever, and I am definitely feeling the effects of it. My blood pressure has been up, and I am not fitting in my clothes. The other reason is for religious reasons. This is not part of my church and it's not required.

Because I am diabetic, I can make certain allowances, such as chicken and fish, but I want to start out with just the vegetables, fruits, and grains and will play it by ear from there. I will monitor my blood pressure and blood glucose levels. I am not looking forward to giving up beef, cheese, and sour cream, not to mention my diet pop, but I am looking forward to jump-starting my weight loss, cleansing my body of gunk, and spending some productive time with God.

Last edited:
We had that homemade pasta that dried curly with pasta sauce and meatballs. The recipe for meatballs came from a Danish cooking site and they call it Italian meatballs. Whatever, they are tasty.

Attachments

• IMG_2516.jpg
    IMG_2516.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 185
Spent all day house hunting so before I left I did something I haven't done in years, hamburger helper. I browned some ground veal (extra lean) and put it with the potatoes and cooked as per instructions. Left a note for the family to eat it with spinach and carrots. They will love it. Me, not so much. Tomorrow maybe ribs.

We write on our plastic and glass containers with a sharpie. It comes off with rubbing alcohol. We also put the date or at least the year and month. Don't want any weird surprises. :ohmy:

My homemade sauce turned out to have sausage, pepperoni and mushrooms in it for the most part. It is finally heatable and I've got the water on. I'm thinking riggs.

I'll be over with a bun MsM.

And I hope to make my own homemade pasta soon. Maybe I'll borrow my sister's pasta machine and see if I like it first.

My homemade sauce turned out to have sausage, pepperoni and mushrooms in it for the most part. It is finally heatable and I've got the water on. I'm thinking riggs.

I'll be over with a bun MsM.

And I hope to make my own homemade pasta soon. Maybe I'll borrow my sister's pasta machine and see if I like it first.
Get your buns over here!! UMMMMMMMMMM LOL :LOL:

We write on our plastic and glass containers with a sharpie. It comes off with rubbing alcohol. We also put the date or at least the year and month. Don't want any weird surprises. :ohmy:

When I moved into this house there was a freezer downstairs with food dated 18 years prior...
No way am I dating my food and having people say the same things about me that I did the previous owner :ermm:

:LOL:

I'm making Aloo Gobi Mattar (Indian Cauliflower, Potatoes and Peas).

Back
Top Bottom