Thursday, 10-18-18, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We generally have salad with this but not this time since it was kind of a spur of the moment purchase since Craig had to go over to Florida's west coast today. Stone crab claws with mustard sauce.

Attachments

• 2018-10-18 17.09.14.jpg
    2018-10-18 17.09.14.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 130
I’m not sure what’s for dinner yet, but I think it’ll be a pizza (grocery store rotisserie chicken,sautéed onions and mushrooms, bbq sauce, with cheddar and jack cheeses), built on a cheddar cheese quesadilla. Easy and delicious! A “pizzadilla!”

We had to go out to pick up the car from the repair shop so tried a new-to-us Mexican place in our new neighborhood. Decent food and good prices. I think we'll be going back. I had their chimichangas del mar and DH had their enchilada dinner with rice and beans. They had fresh salsa (which DH ate, it had cilantro which I cannot eat) and we ordered queso dip too. I couldn't finish the second chimichanga so DH finished it off.

We seem to have gone from September to November, forgetting to stop with October along the way. Only low 40's today with 30 mph winds, so grilling is not on the table.

Maple glazed salmon filets, sides of garlicky mashed red potatoes, nuked broc.

22 deg c here really nice day, Thursday night was rissoles ( beef sausage meat with chopped onions ketchup and Worcester sauce) make into patties. Mashed potatoes and peas. A simple cheap meal, plus left over rissoles are great too.

Russ

006.jpg

007.jpg

Fall kinda skipped over us this year...
we went from warm to cold, like that!
I really felt like a nice Chili over Rice,
so I made my version of Chicken Chili

https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthede...13/02/18/kitchen-divas-adapted-chicken-chili/

I went with all of the "add-ins" this time.
1 tablespoons of chopped Cilantro
1 cup of Bird’s Eye brand ’Ultimate Southwest Blend’ (this has sweet corn, black beans, poblano chiles, red bell peppers, and roasted onions-YUM!)
A finely diced Jalapeno pepper for more depth of heat
Oh and some extra chopped Sweet Red Bell Pepper
finally ...
We like a thick chili: stir in 1-2 tablespoons of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix while the chili is still bubbling

ONO!

AND I have enough for two more meals
Hmmmm
the question is to share with The Boys Next Door
or freeze it for a later dinner? :whistling

I was busy, and didn't get to have lunch until 3PM, and I got a Whataburger and fries, with their awesome ketchup (for the fries, not the burger).

So, just grazing tonight.

CD

Does this count?? Had to deliver some platters after work then run to band rehearsal..no din din...this will stop the gurgles..

Assuming you aren't on the "keto" diet. ;)

It got me through college. (although I didn't drink enough for a SCOTUS appointment)

CD

Last edited:
Roch, I hope you had two beers, one for each hand. After all, a balanced meal is important.

Our high temperature today was 39. Leftover soup felt really good going down!

Back
Top Bottom