Thursday 12/1/11 What's on the plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tennessee Whiskey......
Fried Chicken......
Greens with turnip roots......
Baked sweet Potato......
Cornbread.........
Chocolate Ice Cream.......

Turkey Alfredo pasta with peas and carrots. I'm still using up the turkey!

Poached salmon, potato pancakes (had mashed potatoes to use up), and a tossed salad

I ended up making a double coronary burger. It filled the void.

beef and vegetable minestrone(carrots, celery onions zucchini chickpeas and spinach).. but I make it thick not soupy so it tastes like the chef boyardee cans nom nom nom

putting rice instead of noodles in it tonight

Turkey poutine. I know, it sounds like s/thing that shouldn't go together--homecut fries topped with turkey gravy (and bits of turkey) and cheese curds. But it's not much different from a hot-turkey sandwich. The potatoes substitute for the bread...yummy. I had made the gravy with buttermilk...yum-yum. I dusted the potatoes with tapioca starch and some chilpolte pepper, pan fried in peanut oil...a little bit of Kosher salt....I'm full (and will have to eat only fruits and veggies tomorrow--that was probably all the cholesterol I need until next week!).

alix, what in the world is fake ham?

a chicken in a pig costume? tofu shaped into a suckling pig?

i'm in the middle of the ol'storage unit shuffle. christmas decorations out, old furniture in.

since dw is making "poo fish" (aka tilapia)
, i'll pick up chinese on the way home. young chow fried rice, shrimp in lobster sauce, singapore mei fun noodles, and boneless spare ribs.

ACK!! I sooooooooo agree BT.....nasty lill buggars they are! :sick:

I cooked a small rib roast, (or a humungous rib eye steak) yesterday, so we had leftovers tonight. Made some gravy out of some Trader Joe's mushroom soup, and put together some not-so-bad instant mashed potatoes. I found some asparagus on sale for $1.29 lb but it's so skinny it's smaller than really thin green beans, so I saute'd it with butter, shallots and mushrooms. Delish!

Man, everyone's dinner sounds good today. Fish is good too. Some local restaurant keeps putting tilipia on their "features" menu. I'm onto them. I've heard of Pac's double coronary burger, maybe even seen a pic. I made cheesburgers w/ fried onions and toasted the buns in the pan after removing the burgers. Dill Pickle slices, mayo and A-1 steak sauce. Heinz Catsup seems too Sweet for me. I wonder if they changed the Recipe again.

k-l, i just can't get myself to eat tilapia since i saw how they are farmed.

lol, thatsa mama celeste up there in the corner. she made you a nice pie.

I started a pescetarian diet today. Dinner was lentil soup with rice, no decent looking fish at the market.

Last night's double coronary burger, which is basically a combination of Whiska's pan fried burger and Dawg's toasted cheese sammies... with other stuff in there, too :) Alongside some fried potatoes and onions.

Attachments

• Vortex burger2.jpg
    Vortex burger2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 198
Last night's double coronary burger, which is basically a combination of Whiska's pan fried burger and Dawg's toasted cheese sammies... with other stuff in there, too :) Alongside some fried potatoes and onions.
Oh my!! I have not had a burger like that in ages. You're making me drool!

That's a nice looking stew you've made up. I like the sugar snap peas in it.
I could have used your stew in my bowl of gravy the other day.

Back
Top Bottom