Thursday 12/1/11 What's on the plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil) over tagliatelle planned. And maybe some homemade garlic, parsley and chive bread sticks.

Any plans?

Lunch was a Cheese and chive omelet with a side of sliced vine tomatoes.

img_1078392_0_213d9ce5ede51a017cd880e044aee681.jpg

I saw a recipe on Laura Calder's French cooking program for a Swiss Chard Tart that looked pretty interesting, so that's what I'm planning. Bonus: since I have some lard leftover from Thanksgiving, I can use it to make the crust.

That looks delicious, but where do you live that you still have tomatoes that look that good?
Thank you Steve. Those are store bought vine tomatoes. They are ALWAYS beautiful summer AND winter.

The on-the-vine tomatoes here look better now than they did a couple months ago. What's wrong with that picture, lol?

Tonight I'm either going to make that burger that I never got to last night or grill some chicken wings.

Dad eats a big lunch on Thursdays at his senior's center so he has fruit and toast for dinner.

As for DH and I, I think we are going to Costco so will probably pick up a rotisserie chicken. I can eat poultry now and we love them. It also gives me something to pack for his dinner tomorrow. Not sure of sides, but I will figure that out later.

I saw a recipe on Laura Calder's French cooking program for a Swiss Chard Tart that looked pretty interesting, so that's what I'm planning. Bonus: since I have some lard leftover from Thanksgiving, I can use it to make the crust.
I have actually tried it--it is very good. I haven't had an "oops" with any of her recipes. Good luck--let us know what you think of it!

Homemade gnocchi with a homemade bolognese sauce. This is not a 30 minute meal. I was dicing onions, carrots, celery, veal, pancetta and skirt steak for more than 30 minutes

SO is bringing home my birthday dinner so I won't have to cook.

I made myself a luncheon omelet of shallots, Gruyere and kielbasa. Grandson and I are eating lunch.

I have actually tried it--it is very good. I haven't had an "oops" with any of her recipes. Good luck--let us know what you think of it!
I made the Swiss Chard tart too and love it! I like Laura Calder because even though I have a French cooking background, she takes many things I know how to do to a new level, and yet easy for anyone to make. Her cookbook is on my wish list! :)

Leaving the fixings for quesadillas here. Hoping dinner is good at work. It was fake ham last night. Blech. The potatoes were stupendous though.

alix, what in the world is fake ham?

a chicken in a pig costume? tofu shaped into a suckling pig?

i'm in the middle of the ol'storage unit shuffle. christmas decorations out, old furniture in.

since dw is making "poo fish" (aka tilapia), i'll pick up chinese on the way home. young chow fried rice, shrimp in lobster sauce, singapore mei fun noodles, and boneless spare ribs.

Plans changed. Celeste frozen persoanl pizzas for dinner. I am having a deluxe. I hate these things but for .88 each on sale it's quick and cheap.

I've never heard of that brand, MsM. My favorite frozen pizza is CA Kitchen.

Way back when, one of the local food factories used to wholesale frozen personal pizzas to the public once in a while. Dirt cheap. And worth every penny of that, lol.

I've never heard of that brand, MsM. My favorite frozen pizza is CA Kitchen.

Way back when, one of the local food factories used to wholesale frozen personal pizzas to the public once in a while. Dirt cheap. And worth every penny of that, lol.
I got this pic off the web.

Attachments

• CelesteCheesePizza-A.jpg
    CelesteCheesePizza-A.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 203

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom