"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-15-2007, 02:22 PM   #1
Head Chef

Thursday, 15th February - today's dinner?

DH is working from home this evening and he had the chili I made and said it wwas delicious....which makes me really pleased when I saw what his office's menu for supper tonight was...

- Crema di broccoli con pinoli tostati (Broccoli soup with taosted pine nut)
- Tagliolino alla Porto Cervo (con frutti di mare)( Tagliolini Porto Cervo style (with seafood)
- Filetto di manzo al pepe rosa ( Beef fillet with pink pepper)
- Filetto di orata con pane aromatizzato (Black sea bass fillet with aromatic bread)

after they have chosen what they want from that lot there is a pudding menu too He gets an email listing what he can choose from evey evening, and still he comes home for my chili, now that's love! (I'd be tempted to eat there!)

Old 02-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #2
Everymom

Wow. Lulu, I'm entering a chili cookoff this weekend can I try your recipe? If its that good I'm a shoo in to win!

Tonight the kids and Ken will be getting either leftovers or something wrap like. Its going to be a run around night for them so they need something quick. Not sure what I want to make though. I think since last night at work was burgers and fries tonight will be either pasta night or chicken night.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Peking style spare ribs and vegetable spring rolls.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm roasting a chicken with rosemary and garlic,doing some rigatoni with just butter,shredded fontina,mozzarella,Gruyere and parmesan, arugula for salad with balsamic and evoo and shavings of the parm on top. Lemon riccota cheese cake if we want something sweet later.
kadesma
Old 02-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
We're having pizza flavored cardboard tonight, or would that be cardboard flavored pizza? It's grandparents' night at the kids school & they want to be there to eat pizza with everyone else. Since this only comes around once a year, I guess I can stomach the stuff.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday, so I am making a Valentines Dinner for my DH tonight. His favorite meal: Manicotti and Green Beans almondie.
I am also surprising him with Raspberry White Chocolate Creme Brulee. I have made vanilla Creme Brulee many times, but found a new recipe I thought would be fun to try for Valentines.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

I'm using up all my leftovers before leaving for reading week tomorrow. Mostly chicken with chinese fried rice.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Bourbon....Elijah Craig 12

Grilled Boneless/Skinless Breast of Chicken.

Clean out the refrigerator Veggies..

Maybe a small..small piece of Delmonico Nut Cake

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #9
Head Chef

LOL, Alix, its a DC recipe of course! I have been experimenting using chunks of stewing beef rather than minced/ground beef, which is all either DH or I had had before, and its been a huge hit, DH says he'll struggle to eat our old style chili now he loves this variation. He prefers no beans, but as part of the big bean experiment, (we will become immune to the effects, I hop, only this is day four, and bygads, its getting worse not better!) we had beans.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #10
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
LOL, Alix, its a DC recipe of course! I have been experimenting using chunks of stewing beef rather than minced/ground beef, which is all either DH or I had had before, and its been a huge hit, DH says he'll struggle to eat our old style chili now he loves this variation. He prefers no beans, but as part of the big bean experiment, (we will become immune to the effects, I hop, only this is day four, and bygads, its getting worse not better!) we had beans.
LMAO!! Lulu, would you like me to mail you some Beano? I swear it helps. And I will give the stewing beef a try.