Thursday, 2/3/2011, What's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast for dinner I think. We shall see.

Any plans?

Last edited:
I just did the all day breakfast thing.
today I am working on a new vegetarian "patty" recipe, possibly doing pizza for the 2nd time this week and some banana bread

DH is in the middle of two night shifts so will be going to bed right after supper for a 3 hour nap before work. He usually likes a light meal and then has a "breakfast" of sorts when he gets up.

So, I am thinking of steak salads for him and I. Dad can't eat lettuce because of his swallowing problem, and his steak needs to be cut very fine, so I am thinking of making him a Salisbury steak (grinding his meat before cooking) and serving it with gravy and some of the veggies in our salad.

This is always subject to change, but is my thinking at the moment.

Probably Breakfast-On-a-Bun or BOBs for us tonight. Bacon, eggs, lettuce, tomato, and cheese on a toasted hamburger bun.

I have some chicken left over from last night so I'm thinking Brunswick stew. I may have to add some other meat since the recipe calls for the meat from a whole chicken and I have maybe half a chicken. I may brown up some smoked sausage and throw that in. One thing about Brunswick stew is it can be forgiving if you don't have everything.

Leftover meatloaf and mac & cheese. I really love that Panko topping on the m&c. Much better than breadcrumbs.

It doesn't look like there will be any meatloaf left to freeze, so I'll just package up the rest of the mac & cheese for the freezer after dinner.

I am gonna be making fish sandwiches... with fries...

Unless something else inspires me.

Tasso Pasta. The vegis are in it. Maybe some garlic rolls.

Craig

I asked James to grab some meat out of the freezer, and he got hot dogs. We had a really late lunch, so supper will be a little late today--hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, and cauliflower.

:)Barbara

Poached eggs, fried potatoes & onions, fried smoked ham shank slices and toasted whole grain bread.

img_966008_0_07f27f827e92c6f26509a05f6ad09436.jpg

Looking good MsM.
Do you use a condiment with your spuds and onions? For me, breakfast it's always ketchup and dinner it's always sour cream. I love sour cream and caramelized onions.

left over garlic chicken pizza and a beer. still have the toffee bits for dessert. also have several kinds of ice cream treats. spent most of day cleaning out pantry. the pantry moths are back. so i am glad to have an easy dinner.

Looking good MsM.
Do you use a condiment with your spuds and onions? For me, breakfast it's always ketchup and dinner it's always sour cream. I love sour cream and caramelized onions.
Thank you pac! Not tonight but sometimes it's ketchup with fried taters (I don't usually use ketchup when eggs are involved), Frank's or hot vinegar pepper rings.

Back
Top Bottom