Thursday, 3-2-2017 ~ Dinner for breakfast???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a simple satisfying dinner tonight with perfectly grilled marinated thighs on a lovely evening with glorified salads from the Souschef, along with a great bottle of wine.
Perfect.:wub:

...Trying to decide if I want to do the shrimp with just garlic/butter/lemon, or if I want to fuss with this new-to-me recipe: New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp & Grits....
Ended up making the BBQ Shrimp. The recipe wasn't fussy at all! It was delicious! :yum: It is very similar to the flavor I remember from having it (twice) at Bourbon Street Barrel Room. And here I thought it was sooo good there because I was eating it back home in Ohio. :heart:

Casey Dog, I put it on grits/polenta. I do gumbo with rice, but shrimp just seem better with the corn base to me. Different strokes. ;)

Forgot to post a photo. I thought dinner tonight looked so good I finally fussed with my tablet to sync my photos with my Dropbox account. Hopefully, my new phone shows up tomorrow - my tablet doesn't take that good of pictures.

Attachments

• 2017-03-02 20.25.05.jpg
    2017-03-02 20.25.05.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 158
Yes it does sound good, enough so that I've noted your ingredients and method, and I'll give it a try with one of my own favorite fishes. I may do the bok choy too (that's always great) or may use my favorite gailan.

BTW what kind of mushrooms? Did you ever consider baby portobello? I've been enjoying the brown mushrooms more than white mushrooms lately.

Can't wait to hear how your dinner comes out! :yum:
Dinner came out pretty good, thanks. It was one of those,"haven't been shopping in a while so I have to come up with something using what little I have in the house" type meals. I used white mushrooms and some dehydrated ones I bought at an Asian grocer a while back..was going to take photos but the whole thing was just too brown and unappealing looking...:ermm:tasted fine, though. And I woke up this morning so it couldn't have been that bad...

Back
Top Bottom