Thursday 3/3/11 What's Cooking Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whole wheat pita sandwich, stuffed with chickpeas, red bell pepper, cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, sweet onion, sliced black olives, and extra sharp cheddar. Topped with a yogurt sauce (nonfat plain yogurt mixed with cumin powder, hot sauce, and cilantro).

Hardly anything in the house to cook after vacation and too much jet lag to brave the grocery. Got the idea from PF on another thread......made some homemade chicken taquitos and some nacho cheese dipping sauce/soup.
Hit the spot. Thanks for the idea, PF. ;)

I was reading in a thread earlier and someone mentioned boiled dinner. My brain jumped to foil dinner. I hadn't decided what to make yet, so I had a winner. I made up one packet with carrot, potato slices, onions, and chunks of chicken with some salt, garlic powder, and butter for DH.
I wrapped it up and was about to make the second for me and the munchkin when suddenly I wanted spicy (dang pregnancy cravings), so I left the carrots out of mine, melted the butter, mixed in some lemon juice and sriracha sauce and drizzled that over top, and wrapped it up. It sort of thickened into a sauce as it cooled and I ate it with a bit of bleu cheese dressing. It really hit the spot. It's a good think DD likes spicy food!

Hardly anything in the house to cook after vacation and too much jet lag to brave the grocery. Got the idea from PF on another thread......made some homemade chicken taquitos and some nacho cheese dipping sauce/soup.
Hit the spot. Thanks for the idea, PF. ;)

My pleasure, I think it's wonderful for a quick meal!:)

Whole wheat pita sandwich, stuffed with chickpeas, red bell pepper, cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, sweet onion, sliced black olives, and extra sharp cheddar. Topped with a yogurt sauce (nonfat plain yogurt mixed with cumin powder, hot sauce, and cilantro).
Your sandwich sounds really good and healthy! I am going to make something like that soon, but I have to get pitas, first. I tend to make a lot of my pocket sandwiches with tortillas.

Nice kabobs, Mama.
(and I use the same marinade, too. I put it on the food early enough so it cooks while on the grill)

Thanks VB, pacanis and LS. I had to cook the marinade before I put it on the chicken because it's as thin as water. I cooked it until it was the consistency of a thick syrup.

Nice breading, Dave.
Have you noticed how skinny the asparagus has been lately? I had to hunt for a bunch today that was normal skinny and not Twiggy skinny.

Nice breading, Dave.
Have you noticed how skinny the asparagus has been lately? I had to hunt for a bunch today that was normal skinny and not Twiggy skinny.

Thanks! Or should I say thanks to Kraft. :LOL:

Yes I have noticed. I like mine on the thinner side but these almost look emaciated. :(

Back
Top Bottom