Thursday 3rd November, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to do something with the broccoli that's languishing in the fridge. Maybe with beer.

Today is fried chicken. Now understand that in my 41 years, I have never been able to fry chicken and get a good crust. Me living in the south, the frying method is something that never comes naturally on me. I usually end up with flour and buttermilk all over the place. Here goes......

Kayelle said:
Do you do broccoli cheese soup Dawg? I love that stuff and it's been an age since I made it. Stick blender does such a good job with it!

You got it, Kayelle! India Pale Ale, bacon and onions, and whatever cheese, then give it the stick!

(Bad broccoli! Bad!)

I add potato flakes sometimes too.

Last edited:
Mac-n-cheese, hot dogs, and tomato soup!!! Not healthy..tasted great!! :)

My meat and potatoes dinner.
I'm not sure why the potatoes are kind of out of focus... maybe because of the steam. The gravy hit the spot. I left it on the loose side so I could sop it up with some sour dough bread.

Attachments

• pork chop and potatoes.jpg
    pork chop and potatoes.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 178
I'm not sure why the potatoes are kind of out of focus... maybe because of the steam. The gravy hit the spot. I left it on the loose side so I could sop it up with some sour dough bread.
I wish I could sop up some of that gravy... great comfort food!

I basically was going to go with this:

Recipe Details

But then I had to add 2 cloves grated garlic, up the freshly grated ginger, and added some masala and a dried curried leaf. Simmered until the carrots are soft. Waiting. Oh, and garbanzo beans that were left over from the other night. It tastes really good. I'm going to puree 1/2 of it, and mix that back in.

Yum the broth is very tasty, just waiting for the carrots to cook. I think this might serve two in my house.

pacanis said:

That do look good, Pac! Out of focus potatoes taste better, IMHO.

looks good and rib stickin', pac.

everyone's got a cold here again, so it was a minimal dinner for us. my boy had a can of chicken soup, dw just had pasta, and i reheated a piece of chicken in tomato sauce and had a little remaining pasta.

CWS4322 said:
I basically was going to go with this:

Recipe Details

But then I had to add 2 cloves grated garlic, up the freshly grated ginger, and added some masala and a dried curried leaf. Simmered until the carrots are soft. Waiting. Oh, and garbanzo beans that were left over from the other night. It tastes really good. I'm going to puree 1/2 of it, and mix that back in.

Yum the broth is very tasty, just waiting for the carrots to cook. I think this might serve two in my house.

Oh, my, CWS! Mussels! Yum!

Thanks guys.
Yeah, I do love gravy.

Bummer on the cold bug, BT.

Sorry you're all feeling under, BT. Seems like a creeping crud is going around.

We had some decent broccoli soup!

You got it, Kayelle! India Pale Ale, bacon and onions, and whatever cheese, then give it the stick!

(Bad broccoli! Bad!)

I add potato flakes sometimes too.

Good idea with the potato flakes...gotta remember that!

Broccoli/bacon/onion/beer/cheese/potato flakes with chicky broth on the menu for next week. Yummm

Thanks, guys! Actually, with the stick, I didn't use the potato flakes this time. Left it a bit chunky, and boiled with a couple handfuls of shredded carrot and some cayenne flakes, along with Better Than Boullion chicken stuff. Turned down the heat and threw in some Velveeta (shock!) along with some cheddar added at the last minute.

I make this a lot, and it's always different. We usually don't have anything left to freeze.

Last edited:
Pan-fried b/s chicken breasts, buttered steamed fresh carrot coins, mashed potatoes and pan gravy.

img_1067267_0_e447e14d4bf4cf0ee7d3b09bf85d6e9b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom