Thursday, 4-12-18, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We split two grilled cheese sandwiches: tomato and American cheese on the last of the grocery store bread, and ham and with Kerrygold Skellig sweet cheddar cheese on my homemade bread. So good! Meanwhile, the celery root and apple slaw was *meh*. I can dump that recipe...

Attachments

• 20180412_205556.jpg
    20180412_205556.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 116
Bagel burger tonight. More specifically, a cheeseburger on an "everything" bagel.

CD

Andy...those scallops! :yum: I'm getting a craving for them again....

Kgirl, med, MsM, and CG....looks delish! Med, looks delicious and I also love those dishes.

Everyone's dinners this evening sound so good, and inspiring.

CG....glad to hear your review on the apple and celery slaw...it sounded good when I read the recipe, but I'm not in a huge hurry to try it now since your review was a 'meh. :)

This evening's dinner was nothing special, but good. A tuna melt on rye, a bowl of watermelon, and fresh cherry tomatoes from the local farm stand.

I just had the SC pull out some wings from the freezer and I still have an over supply of veggies. I'll be marinating the wings to go on the grill with a big basket of grilled marinated zucchini/bell peppers/mushrooms/white onion wedges.

I'm looking forward to sitting by the new grill tonight with my good book, good wine, good music and good sunny weather. Just doesn't get better than that. :cool::chef:
Most everyone knows how much I've always loved my marinated veggie grill baskets grilled to crisp tender, but my new Mega side burner has taken them to a whole new level.
Finishing the basket on that awesome burner to slightly char the vegetables...priceless! :ohmy:

Kayelle, I LOVE charred veggies!

I'm with you Cheryl, I thought that that recipe of CG's sounded good, but she gives it a MEH, I'll pass thanks.

Casey, didn't you make that Everything Bagel Burger the other night? Nothin' wrong with that, sounds yummy to me.

CG, you made my husband's fav sammies.

Dragn, so glad your supper worked out in the end.

PF, life gives curves, just it?

MsM, lovely, just lovely

OKAY, who's up to bat?

I'm with you Cheryl, I thought that that recipe of CG's sounded good, but she gives it a MEH, I'll pass thanks.

Casey, didn't you make that Everything Bagel Burger the other night? Nothin' wrong with that, sounds yummy to me.

MsM, lovely, just lovely

OKAY, who's up to bat?

I think it has been at least a week. And, it was a different kind of bagel -- not an "everything." A plus to using bagels as buns is the variety available.

Hey, in a way, it was sort of a grilled cheese sandwich -- with beef. ;)

It was very good. I went simple. Ground beef, American cheese and an everything bagel. I seasoned the meat with black pepper -- no salt. Most of the sodium content was in the bagel, and it was reasonable.

CD

Can you tell me more about steak tips on the grill? Sounds yummy ?
Marinade quantities are approximate, as it's eyeballed. For 1 to 1-1/lbs. steak tips:

2 - 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1+ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1+ Tbsp. EVOO
A few grinds of pepper
1 - 2 cloves garlic, or a shallot
1+ Tbsp. herbs (thyme, herbes de provence, etc.)

Cut the steak tips in 1" cubes, toss with the marinade, marinate for an hour or so, skewer the steak and grill. That's just enough marinade to coat the steak when tossed, as I want just enough to flavor the steak, and not drown it. Marinade also works well with b/s chicken thighs on the grill.

What is known as steak tips in New England is called flap meat elsewhere.

MsM, lovely, just lovely

OKAY, who's up to bat?

The "odd problem" was quite funny, but it's one of those "too much information" problems that some have a problem with. Maybe I'll sneak it onto Today's Funny Thread.

Marinade quantities are approximate, as it's eyeballed. For 1 to 1-1/lbs. steak tips:

2 - 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1+ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1+ Tbsp. EVOO
A few grinds of pepper
1 - 2 cloves garlic, or a shallot
1+ Tbsp. herbs (thyme, herbes de provence, etc.)

Cut the steak tips in 1" cubes, toss with the marinade, marinate for an hour or so, skewer the steak and grill. That's just enough marinade to coat the steak when tossed, as I want just enough to flavor the steak, and not drown it. Marinade also works well with b/s chicken thighs on the grill.

What is known as steak tips in New England is called flap meat elsewhere.
Thanks, that sounds really good. Might be tomorrow's dinner :yum:

Back
Top Bottom