Thursday, 5/19/2011, What's on the table today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's for Dinner Thursday May 19/11?

Not quite sure what to do here. I'd planned to grill some pork tenderloin but we have a thunderstorm forecast. I'll see whats up later in the day and possibly alter plans to fit the weather.

OPPS Alix. I beat ya by 2 minutes. LOL Asian style cooking tonight for me.

LOL! That's what I get for going to pour coffee in the middle of posting! Dang! Going to beat you at this one day MsM!

My plans have abruptly changed. We are now hosting dinner for Ken's Mom, Sister and BIL. Dinner for 7 means no tenderloin. I think I'll go dig a chicken out of the freezer and do a roast chicken with all the fixings. I have a 12 lber I've been saving for a "company dinner". I'm also going to go out and get a platter of sushi as an appetizer. Ken's sister and BIL LOVE it and we had planned to go out together but we don't want to exclude my MIL or our kids who hate it. So...combo dinner tonight.

I'll post sides etc later when I have it all settled.

Alix, one of our favorite ways to roast or rotisserize a chicken is to shove lots of fresh rosemary under the skin, along with some slivered garlic and unsalted butter. Slather with olive oil and some salt and the chicken is heaven on a plate, to say nothing of the divine aroma that it produces.

Shrimp sauted in butter ,evoo, garlic, parsley then put over pasta, slicing several hierloom tomatoes,dressing with evoo and vinegar, Italian bread toasted then topped with some kind of cheese that I'll melt and some gingered carrots
kadesma

I didn't cook yesterday so I'll make something good today. My husband's favorite shredded flank steak tacos.

I have a whole flank steak (cut into three pieces across the grain) in my slow cooker with some tomato sauce, some whole garlic cloves, some water and s&p. When it's done, I'll shred the meat and have it in corn tortillas with shredded cabbage, sliced tomato and a cumin mayonnaise.

I've got some tomato products to use up and will do so in a puttanesca. Served over gnocchi with some garlic bread and a salad.

I've got some tomato products to use up and will do so in a puttanesca. Served over gnocchi with some garlic bread and a salad.

OM NOM NOM!!! That sounds wonderful! Now I'm looking at my stupid chicken with distaste. I want gnocchi!

OM NOM NOM!!! That sounds wonderful! Now I'm looking at my stupid chicken with distaste. I want gnocchi!

lol, I want chicken!
I'm holding off though until my new beer can chicken pan comes in. Should be any day.

12 lbs, that's a big bird. Is it a capon?

lol, I want chicken!
I'm holding off though until my new beer can chicken pan comes in. Should be any day.

12 lbs, that's a big bird. Is it a capon?

Its a free range farm chicken. I get them about 3-4 times a year. They are HUGE. Normally they are anywhere from 8-12lbs. I save the big ones for company dinner. 8 lbers are usually dinner x2 for us.

I need to clear out the fridge before we go away for graduation weekend. Need to cook the sausage and bacon so it's breakfast for supper. I'll do up some eggs (not sure if I'll fry, poach or scramble) to go with and add some toast.

Back
Top Bottom