Thursday, 5-25-17, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We had grilled spiced chicken, salt, sugar, tumeric and cayenne, with a kumquat, shallot, ginger, thai chili, lemon grass syrup sauce over coucous that was seasoned with a bit of the rub. Good flavor but a bit spicy for me. Banana pudding again for dessert.

Tenderloin steak, homemade slaw, and avocado (for those who are keeping score, the pit was normal sized. ;)).

img_1512377_0_08c17ab49bfedcfdbda1185e5148c7d6.jpg

Mrs. T had a luncheon with the coffee club, so it was a light meal tonight. Stir fry of chicken, green pepper, carrots, and onions, served over rice. I used the last of Trader Joes stir fry sauce, so it's on the shopping list.

Today was a hot one, so I planned to make a big Greek salad, adding some of the roasted chicken from yesterday. Then we had a big storm and the weather cooled down by 20 degrees within a half hour. Decided to make it anyway ;) I also made saganaki (Greek fried cheese) with some of the halloumi cheese we bought recently and served it with homemade bread and lemon juice. 0525172029_HDR.jpg

Thank you, GG and Steve!

GG....good lookin' salad there, too. :yum:

Steve, I could have taco salads once a week and not get tired of them! I usually keep little vacuum sealed packs of precooked and seasoned ground beef in the freezer, to cut back a little on the prep time. :)

Great looking meals, everyone! :yum: Steve, you cook up the most perfect steak ever!

I did my best impression of the Loaves and Fishes multiplication, taking the two leftover Italian sausages and turning them into flatbread pizza. Of course, I did pull more stuff from the fridge. ;) Micro-thin bread with red sauce, black olives, mushrooms, sausage, roma tomato on my half, shallots on Himself's half. Lots of mozzarella all around. He was still hungry, so he finished up the leftover Thai peanut pork. I had about a half cup of Greek yoghurt with the last of the fresh raspberries. We're good.

Attachments

• 20170525_213805.jpg
    20170525_213805.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 124
Great looking and sounding dinners tonight!! :yum:

We made a Costco run today to get "must have's" like their loin lamb chops.

They had packages of 4 excellent looking artichokes ($5.79) and I cooked all of them tonight with two for dinner and two to save. They were the best we've had in years! Along with them, I fried up chunks of Dolly chicken breast for chicken nuggets you can only get with good home cooking.
The dipping sauce for both was mayo/lemon juice/dill/garlic/white pepper..
:chef:

Mmmm.....looks so good RF and CG!

Everyone's dinners sound wonderful this evening, as always. Kay, I also often steam up a couple of artichokes at a time - as long as I've got one going, may as well do two. They do warm up nicely, and yes, Costco's artichokes are great. So are TJ's. :yum:

Mmmm.....looks so good RF and CG!

Everyone's dinners sound wonderful this evening, as always. Kay, I also often steam up a couple of artichokes at a time - as long as I've got one going, may as well do two. They do warm up nicely, and yes, Costco's artichokes are great. So are TJ's. :yum:

In truth I almost like them better ice cold for lunch Cheryl. :yum:

Cheryl, GG, & Steve,

Absolutely an exceptionally exemplary ..

Andy: You dish sounds delighting too ..

I believe photographs surely do enhance a post and a recipe ..

Have a lovely weekend.

Last edited:
Roadfix and Salt & Pepper,

Actually I did not realise that this thread extended into page 2.

All the posts look & sound marvelous.

Have a nice weekend.

I thought this post was for today, but I'm having the same meal tonight as I did yesterday anyway. So it's all good.

I went down to the store yesterday and found a buy-one-get-one-free deal on corn. So last night I had corn on the cob. Tonight I'm having corn on the cob and for the next two nights after that I'm having corn on the cob.

Good thing I like corn on the cob!

Kay....yes, cold artichokes are good! Especially during this warm weather.

Joey - good lookin' chicken burger. :yum:

RR - I love corn on the cob, too. Our local grocer has them on sale now for 5/$1. I think I'll go pick some up tomorrow, roast them, slice off the kernels, and freeze a bag or two.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom