"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Hardboiled egg wedges, vine tomato wedges, olive salad (Kalamata and Spanish olives with pits in, red onion, celery, chopped anchovy fillets (packed in oil) dressed with EVOO, hot chili pepper oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, parsley and oregano), crumbled feta cheese and homemade macaroni salad served in an iceberg lettuce cup.

Looks very tasty and sounds nutritious; only thing I can think of that might be added is some sort of red peppers (Mancini makes some nice ones). I'm having 2 six ounce beefburgers fried in butter , 3 1/2 minutes on each side, on a toasted sesame bun with sliced tomato and a mayonnaise-horseradish-chopped onion-basil-thyme-diced garlic topping, a garlic pickle and a side of pickled beet salad.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #32
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post
Looks very tasty and sounds nutritious. I'm having 2 six ounce beefburgers fried in butter , 3 1/2 minutes on each side, on a toasted sesame bun with sliced tomato and a mayonnaise-horseradish-chopped onion-basil-thyme-diced garlic topping, a garlic pickle and a side of pickled beet salad.
Thank you bill.

Your dinner sounds good also. Your meat must be very lean? I get 85 - 90% lean and I never use fat to fry.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Thank you bill.

Your dinner sounds good also. Your meat must be very lean? I get 85 - 90% lean and I never use fat to fry.
I like my burgers well browned on the outside and reddish pink on the inside. They're fried in a screaming hot dutch oven under one of those Lodge griddle weights. Most of the fat sortq burns up.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #34
Executive Chef

chicken, spuds, and asparagus in the barrel..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	11189  
Old 06-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #35
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
I'm planning to use up the rest of the flank steak I cooked on Tuesday. I'm just not sure what an going to make out of it.
Well I made mashed potatoes and then sauteed some onion, tossed in the sliced flank steak and added a can of gravy. Hmmmm beef, onion, and gravy over smashed potatoes with salad on the side.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #36
Senior Cook

Just something very simple tonight. A veggie burger with ravioli.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #37
Master Chef

your dinner looks very nutritious and yummy, msmofet
rocklobster... YUM! You can't go wrong with that dinner!

I'm making Mark a big vegie salad with sliced chicken on top and shredded cheese. I think I'll give him italian dressing and a roll with butter.

I'm not sure what I'm going to have. I have a portabella to use. I was thinking of combining diced chicken with vegies, shredded cheese and breakcrumbs and using that as a stuffing for the mushroom halves and bake in the oven. I'm just now thinking this, so it might have to get put off until tomorrow.. .maybe for lunch. I think I'll just have a chicken salad wrap with tater-tots.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

As I opened up the cupboard I realized that I don't make as much rice when the weather warms up some. That's weird.
After deglazing with a little vermouth and then chicken broth, I was reaching for the heavy cream when I saw the last of the coconut milk... It added a nice twist to an old standby.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chicken & rice.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	11190  
Old 06-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #39
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
That has such a nice ring to it!

Tonight it is "chopped" night and the ingredients in the basket are some left over bulk mild Italian sausage, zucchini that needs using up, leftover baked potato and mushrooms. I'm thinking a fritata, but not positive yet. I have about 1 hour between coming back from visiting Dad and DH getting home, then he has about 20 minutes to eat and go out again.
Ahhhh THAT is my favorite show on the foot network!! It amazes me what they come up with!

I would have made a sausage pie. I think your ingredients would have made a yummy pie.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #40
Senior Cook

Tonight we had a roasted chicken that I picked from Costco, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted asparagus.

Tags
cooking