Thursday 6/16 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andy

Pictures are from last year (One day picking)....Usually garden has 100 tomato plants...down form 250 when the kids were here....Only 60 this year, but plan to put in a flat (48) for a fall crop in a week or so.......

Whaaaat?
I was thinking they were a type of tomato, or should I say T'Mater :LOL:
You lost me with the D.

:wacko:

Andy

Pictures are from last year (One day picking)....Usually garden has 100 tomato plants...down form 250 when the kids were here....Only 60 this year, but plan to put in a flat (48) for a fall crop in a week or so.......

I envy you your space and growing season. Suzanne would go bonkers planting everything under the sun.

I envy you your space and growing season. Suzanne would go bonkers planting everything under the sun.

Yeah for maybe a year or two;)...At our age we're down sizing more and more each year...Just can't do (physically) what we used to do...It is frequently long, hard, backbreaking, non-stop work...and did I mention the heat...It's 98* at the Weather Service today in the shade....105* in my backyard/garden in direct sunlight. ~~ Growing it is just part of the equation...then ya gotta harvest and process it...freeze it, can it, whatever....Anytime Suzanne wants to do some Share Cropping.. tell her to come on down...:)

Whaaaat?
I was thinking they were a type of tomato, or should I say T'Mater :LOL:
You lost me with the D.

:wacko:

Fred...
Don't have time rat now to 'splain Southern folk talkin...It's comin up a cloud, and the the bottom may fall out befo I kin shut de dough....Fixin to fry up a chicken for supper....Gotta go now. :LOL:

Hardboiled egg wedges, vine tomato wedges, olive salad (Kalamata and Spanish olives with pits in, red onion, celery, chopped anchovy fillets (packed in oil) dressed with EVOO, hot chili pepper oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, parsley and oregano), crumbled feta cheese and homemade macaroni salad served in an iceberg lettuce cup.

img_1012779_0_c56ff3dbe9bf30e4f9a738c14f0f837b.jpg

Hardboiled egg wedges, vine tomato wedges, olive salad (Kalamata and Spanish olives with pits in, red onion, celery, chopped anchovy fillets (packed in oil) dressed with EVOO, hot chili pepper oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, parsley and oregano), crumbled feta cheese and homemade macaroni salad served in an iceberg lettuce cup.

Looks like a salad.

:LOL:

img_1012785_0_c56ff3dbe9bf30e4f9a738c14f0f837b.jpg
Looks very tasty and sounds nutritious; only thing I can think of that might be added is some sort of red peppers (Mancini makes some nice ones). I'm having 2 six ounce beefburgers fried in butter , 3 1/2 minutes on each side, on a toasted sesame bun with sliced tomato and a mayonnaise-horseradish-chopped onion-basil-thyme-diced garlic topping, a garlic pickle and a side of pickled beet salad.

Last edited:
Looks very tasty and sounds nutritious. I'm having 2 six ounce beefburgers fried in butter , 3 1/2 minutes on each side, on a toasted sesame bun with sliced tomato and a mayonnaise-horseradish-chopped onion-basil-thyme-diced garlic topping, a garlic pickle and a side of pickled beet salad.
Thank you bill.

Your dinner sounds good also. Your meat must be very lean? I get 85 - 90% lean and I never use fat to fry.

Thank you bill.

Your dinner sounds good also. Your meat must be very lean? I get 85 - 90% lean and I never use fat to fry.
I like my burgers well browned on the outside and reddish pink on the inside. They're fried in a screaming hot dutch oven under one of those Lodge griddle weights. Most of the fat sortq burns up.

I'm planning to use up the rest of the flank steak I cooked on Tuesday. I'm just not sure what an going to make out of it.

Well I made mashed potatoes and then sauteed some onion, tossed in the sliced flank steak and added a can of gravy. Hmmmm beef, onion, and gravy over smashed potatoes with salad on the side.

your dinner looks very nutritious and yummy, msmofet
rocklobster... YUM! You can't go wrong with that dinner!

I'm making Mark a big vegie salad with sliced chicken on top and shredded cheese. I think I'll give him italian dressing and a roll with butter.

I'm not sure what I'm going to have. I have a portabella to use. I was thinking of combining diced chicken with vegies, shredded cheese and breakcrumbs and using that as a stuffing for the mushroom halves and bake in the oven. I'm just now thinking this, so it might have to get put off until tomorrow.. .maybe for lunch. I think I'll just have a chicken salad wrap with tater-tots.

As I opened up the cupboard I realized that I don't make as much rice when the weather warms up some. That's weird.
After deglazing with a little vermouth and then chicken broth, I was reaching for the heavy cream when I saw the last of the coconut milk... It added a nice twist to an old standby.

Attachments

• chicken & rice.jpg
    chicken & rice.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 202
That has such a nice ring to it! :)

Tonight it is "chopped" night and the ingredients in the basket are some left over bulk mild Italian sausage, zucchini that needs using up, leftover baked potato and mushrooms. I'm thinking a fritata, but not positive yet. I have about 1 hour between coming back from visiting Dad and DH getting home, then he has about 20 minutes to eat and go out again.

Ahhhh THAT is my favorite show on the foot network!! It amazes me what they come up with!

I would have made a sausage pie. I think your ingredients would have made a yummy pie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom