Thursday 7/13/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love watermelon-feta salad too, GG! One of my fave family style restaurants when my family and I are out on the road, https://www.bjsrestaurants.com/menu, got me hooked on them a few years ago. I've been making this copycat I found online. Love the honey citrus vinaigrette!
https://www.healthydiningfinder.com...s/Feta-Watermelon-Salad-from-BJ-s-Restaurants

I usually omit the pickled red onion, though. :)
That sounds interesting, with the pickled red onions and honey vinaigrette. I keep pickled red onions in the fridge for Mexican food. I couldn't limit myself to 1/4 teaspoon fresh parsley, though ;) [emoji38]

That sounds interesting, with the pickled red onions and honey vinaigrette. I keep pickled red onions in the fridge for Mexican food. I couldn't limit myself to 1/4 teaspoon fresh parsley, though ;) [emoji38]

I know...isn't that silly? :LOL: Needless to say....I don't bother with that teeny amount, either.

I'm afraid if I kept pickled red onions in the fridge, wonderful as they are, they'd just go to waste what with cooking for one here. Sigh...

I thought our new member, Bossman, had a recent interesting idea of using canned kraut with Stove Top stuffing.

I gave it a try tonight in a chicken casserole and it was pretty darn good. I cut up a Dolly breast into the bottom of a casserole, spread 1/2 can cream of mush. soup over the chicken and topped it with a box of Stove Top dressing mixed with butter and a cup of water, and added a can of drained and rinsed kraut to the dressing. The dressing was topped with the remaining 1/2 can of soup and baked at 325 for 50 min. We had fresh sliced tomatoes from the garden on the side.
I'll definitely do it again!

TB was home sick today and we both have colds so we went just down the street to what is now our favourite restaurant in our new neighbourhood. It is a Pho restaurant and TB loves the soup. I can't eat beef so I usually have the vegetable tempura.

I just picked up a take-and-bake pizza when we shopped at Aldi today. I knew we'd get home late since we also stopped at Lowe's. I got the light bulbs I needed in less than five minutes. We left the store about an hour later. I'm not complaining, though, because Himself is having so much fun playing with his shop tools in the basement. He has a real hobby! After the pull-out for a base kitchen cabinet, and a small box with dividers for his pill bottles in his bathroom (it was practice for working with thin wood and securing small pieces together), he has two projects going. First, he's making seat pieces for our porch rocker to replace the rush weaving that the squirrels chewed off. He needed sanding wheels to finish his wood. My job will be to paint it when he's done. He is also working on a nice step-stool for me to use in the kitchen! I guess he figures it's about time I retired the kids' old Fisher-Price step-stool chair.

images

I kept them both, and they've both been very handy for this increasingly-shorter gal!

Trying again. I don't get why Dawg couldn't see pic as I could see them on all my devices. Anyway, trying again.

HIPV6yUe6q9t_saOtM4hEJLc03lNAjqs2mRA4Ac8TP8pX92IB

Thanks guys, it was really good. I had to wing it a bit with the recipe because whoever transcribed it didn't use all the ingredients listed in the recipe, but what I did worked because it came out really good. I probably overcooked the breasts just a tad, though we don't like them bloody rare, but they were still nice and juicy. We'll definitely make the veges again to go with something else, though I'll use the spiralizer next time instead of the mandolin to make the "noodles" so they'll all be the same size, and more noodle like.

I'm afraid if I kept pickled red onions in the fridge, wonderful as they are, they'd just go to waste what with cooking for one here. Sigh...

You should give it a try, Cheryl. There's so much vinegar in them, they stay good for a long time in the fridge. My recipe makes a pint and I keep them for a few months.

We had chicken salad with cranberries & pecans from Costco last night- just too hot to cook and Mom and I were both too tired to eat much of anything. She had saltines and a peach with hers, I had pita chips and some homemade strawberry bread with mine.

Back
Top Bottom